What's new

New Wineador and David Marshall Humidor

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Well it's been about a week since I got these up a running and holding smokes now. Humidity was holding at a solid 65% on all levels in the Wineador befire I put cigars in. Now it is sort of fluctuating between 65% at the bottom and 67% in the middle and occasionally at the top. Ignore the hydrometer readings in the pictures as once the door was open for a little bit to take the pictures the humidity in the Extech Hydrometer (actually its a psychrometer I believe since it calculates dew point as well) quickly responds to the instantaneous humidity change, but recovers very quickly once the door is shut again.

Anyways, the Wineador is the New Air CC-300. I have one extra drawer in there from the first cc-308 that came so damaged the store I bought it from didn't want it back, so they told me to keep it, so I gutted it, but that's a story for another day. Anyways, if anyone wants to know he process I went through I can explain it in more depth, but basically I sanded the drawers and shelves, then wiped them down with humi care wipes, then wiped them again a day later, continued seasoning with sponges of Distilled water then after a few days I took the sponges and water put, put 2 lbs of HCM beads (1lb on top and 1lb on the bottom) in with like 12-60 gram boveda 65%RH bags (4 on top, 4 on bottom and the remaining 4 on/in the shelves and drawers. I wired up the fan and put it to a timer that is cycling the fan on its medium speed setting for 2 minutes every hour (which I may change but am not sure yet). Ran the wires for the fan through the drain hole, used a hot glue gun to seal the drain hole and waited. It took 5-6 days for the humidity to settle to where I wanted it. To get it to settle I found it necessary to open the door and pull the drawers maybe for 10 minutes, once a day for a few days. Either way, once it sat at 65% consistently and throughout the Wineador, I added maybe 50 cigars at a time and continued to do this maybe every couple hours over the next few daysm now it's good to go and the oxis reflect the final product.

The Daniel Marshal is a 125ct humidor that I seasoned following Daniel Marshall's directions. Once it seasoned for about 15 days (DM says 10-20) I removed the foam DM humidifier behind the wooden drawer and put in 4 oz of HCM beads and added about 6 Boveda 65% packs. The humidor is holding at a nice and steady 65% so I added cigars similar to the way I did with the Wineador.

All and all it was a successful, but somewhat pain in the ass of a project. In the end though, I'm so happy it's done and am very pleased with the results of both.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
That is one beautiful collection and set up brother! Tons of sticks I'd love to smoke or have sitting in my own humidor :cigar: