What's new

New Wineador

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wineador is finally done seasoning and settling. I went with the NewAir CC-300 simply because I was entirely too impatient to wait for custom drawers at the moment. I may still get them in the future. I have 1.5lbs of HF beads in the bottom and 2 HF bead sticks placed in the middle and top plus a couple small Boveda 65% packs. I also wired an 80mm computer fan in set to run for 10 minutes every 4 hours.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice! Just curious about your fan setup ... did you follow instructions elsewhere here on the wiring and timer? If not, could you give some details of your setup?

Mine is running anywhere from 2-3% difference from top to bottom, a figure I am not worried about, and so far have not put a fan in. I'm curious about them, however, as if the difference ever widens I would consider it. Or consider it anyway if it's simple enough.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Just curious about your fan setup ... did you follow instructions elsewhere here on the wiring and timer? If not, could you give some details of your setup?

Mine is running anywhere from 2-3% difference from top to bottom, a figure I am not worried about, and so far have not put a fan in. I'm curious about them, however, as if the difference ever widens I would consider it. Or consider it anyway if it's simple enough.
It's very simple to do. But even with the fan, even after a week on the cycles I'm still having a 2% difference from top to bottom. Not major, but I'd still like to even it out.

To do it took less than 15 minutes. All I did was cut the fan wires near the tip, feed t though the drain hole. Stripped the red and black ends, then stripped the red and black ends of a USB phone cord. Spliced them together. Wrapped in electrical tape and plugged into the household timer. Super easy and costs less than $20. I may add a second fan in a couple weeks to see if I can get the RH to balance evenly top to bottom.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0

I run a fan for on minute then off for 5 minutes. Honestly, I don't know that it does a whole lot of good, but it makes me feel that I am doing all that i can to keep my system dialed in. The thing that has really helped me, is getting a four pack of large Boveda and setting one in each drawer (in addition to my KL). That has really minimized the variance from top to bottom, and inside the drawers. I use 65's in my smoking winos, and 69's in my my aging Wino.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I run a fan for on minute then off for 5 minutes. Honestly, I don't know that it does a whole lot of good, but it makes me feel that I am doing all that i can to keep my system dialed in. The thing that has really helped me, is getting a four pack of large Boveda and setting one in each drawer (in addition to my KL). That has really minimized the variance from top to bottom, and inside the drawers. I use 65's in my smoking winos, and 69's in my my aging Wino.
In my small thirty-five bottle wino, I had 5-10% discrepancy top-to-bottom until I added a squirrel cage fan (yes, I know. Only a dog would put a squirrel cage inside his stogie box)

The fan is plugged on the same timer (and power supply) as the accent light and run about half the time, when it is most probable I will be there. Rh is pretty equal ever since.

My fan takes air from under the first middle shelf and pushes it upward. I have room for air in front and back of all shelves.

Works like a charm.

Now if I could get the tec unit's fan to run quiet it would be awesome!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Nice setup.

I see you've got a bunch of Habanos JO cigars. I'd never seen them before so I looked them up. They seem to be a small manufacturer out of Florida run by Cuban ex-pats. Are they worth buying a few? Any thoughts ?