What's new

NewAir 180E?? Peltier replacement.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Came home from vacation to find a 80+ deg wineador.... Anybody happen to know the model number for a replacement Peltier for a NewAir 180 or maybe just the dimensions? Their site is about useless.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was really impressed with their customer service. Got right back to me and resolved my problem. I run an additional fan to blow cool air over the back of the unit to help improve performance

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
LOL, I have no complaints about their customer service.... Just wish their parts breakdown was a bit more useful. They list the entire cooling unit and the motherboard. I just want a $3-4 Peltier.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Guess I don't know what a peltier unit is, I thought it was much more then 3 or 4 bucks.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Got my sticks into a cooler and decided to take the wineador apart to get the part number.

TEC1-12705

40mmx40mmx3.8mm

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Go info, all that heat sink stuff, control board and fan just to make that little thing work. I need to remember this.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Guess I don't know what a peltier unit is, I thought it was much more then 3 or 4 bucks.
Its more less the heart of the thermoelectric cooler... a little ceramic resistor that gets hot on one side and cold on the other. Its sandwiched in between the two heat sinks in he fridges cooling assembly.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For the cost of that part you would think they could do better then a 12 degree drop in ambient temperature. Must require a lot of power

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Back up and running.

New air said they didn't have any and their was no eta for getting more. Couldn't bring myself to buy the cheap Chinese ones off amazon so I ponied up for a made in the USA peltier.

And some silver thermal compound

It was easy enough to replace

Unplug the cooler

Unplug the external fan

Unplug the the temp sensor

Cut the peltier wires(red and black wire at top corner of circuit board). leave them as long as you can because the replacement may come with short leads.

Remove screws that hold the heat sink to the back of the cooler

Remove the rear
heat sink fan

Remove screws that hold the heat sinks together and split in half.

Wipe contact surfaces with alcohol or acetone. Apply thermal paste and reassemble making sure to have the hot side of the peltier to the back heat sink. Plug internal fan back in, attach the heat sink back to the cooler. Plug fan and temp sensor back in and splice the peltier wires to the old ones connected to the circuit board.

Turn the unit back on and watch it go from this

To this

Last edited: