What's new

NewAir 400 Rh Too High - Requesting Ideas

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the new air because I was having issues controlling the temperature in my very nifty upright cooler-dor. It seems that what I gained in temperature regulation I am losing in Rh regulation.

I am using a CigarOasis Plus. I find myself having to "burp" the NewAir quite frequently to lower the Rh. I am open to suggestions on scraping the foam part of the CigarOasis and using cigar beads. Or, should I use a combination of both the foam and beads (using beads to regulate the foam)? Can i use beads only? Can beads be used to lower the overall Rh? Lots of bead related questions.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What modifications have you made to the unit? When I bought mine I installed a couple of slot fans with a timer to circulate air up the back of the unit. I find the fans prevent water build up on the chill plate and give me a more even humidity and temperature through the unit. With your humidity being so high I'm surprised you are not having water drain down the back of the unit and either puddling or draining through the drain hole

I also went exclusively with Boveda packs, The Bovedas are a bit slow so I think they work better once the unit and shelves are properly seasoned and "dialed in" but once established they are pretty easy to keep steady.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply. I've done no modifications other than mounting a battery-powered motion-sensitive LED strip around the inside perimeter (the LED in the unit is useless). I'm hoping that the beads that I just installed (after removing the oasis foam) will eventually bring down the Rh.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What type of hydro are you using, Are you noticing a dramatic difference in humidity vertically in the cooler.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The CigarOasis w/hygro is at the bottom. I have a digital midway up, and a Boveda Butler at the top, The digital & Boveda are about the same on Rh (+/- 1 to 2). The hygrometer built into the Cigar Oasis is much higher.