What's new

NewAir AW-281E Help

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The past week I have been having a problem with my wineador. I run it during the summer time only. Usually I just hear a loud noise when it runs for an extended period of time. I have always ran it at 66 degrees. I verify this before I go to bed every night. When I wake up in the morning, it is working toward 54. I have been soaking up all the excess moisture accumulated at the bottom of the wineador every morning since this has started this past week. I know I haven't had any power outages. This has happened around 5 times this week. Any Idea what might cause this? The wineador is plugged into a surge protected power strip (verified that this is accurate). The only other thing that is plugged into in is the extra timer and the computer fan I installed in the wineador. I did notice that the timer is dead and will have to replace it. The wineador is about 4 years old now. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had great luck with their customer service. Sounds like your thermostat is out, maybe a loose wire on the circuit board but before you mess with it I would give them a call.

I'd be curious what your humidity levels are doing if you are throwing away all that excess moisture. I cut one of those "cooling" rags in half. Placed one half over the drain hole to capture the excess water. When it gets wet I move it to the front of the cooler (the other side of my KL) and allow it to dry, recycling the humidity back into the cooler.

If there is no cheap fix to the problem you can buy a "kegerator" type of temperature control and let it monitor your temps and cycle the cooling fan.