What's new

Newair CC-280E vs CC-300

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, recently purchased a Newair CC-280E for about $360. Super excited. Then I see you can now get the Newair CC-300 for $227!

Curious to hear if anyone has experience with both. Is the CC-280E worth the extra $133? The CC-280E hasn't been unboxed so would be easy to return it.

Thanks

IronW

Andrew
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I don't have experience with both, but do have the cc-300. The thing that I liked about the cc-300 is that it was ready for cigars out of the box, no need to do any work (except plug the drain hole) or wait for drawers and shelves. The drawers and shelves that come with it aren't the highest quality, but they are sturdy and decently constructed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have experience with both, but do have the cc-300. The thing that I liked about the cc-300 is that it was ready for cigars out of the box, no need to do any work (except plug the drain hole) or wait for drawers and shelves. The drawers and shelves that come with it aren't the highest quality, but they are sturdy and decently constructed.
Thanks Iron. Very helpful.

I have since learned that some guy Forrest made the cedar trays for the cc-280e but not the cc-300. I guess it comes down to, are he cedar components really worth an extra $132.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Thanks Iron. Very helpful.

I have since learned that some guy Forrest made the cedar trays for the cc-280e but not the cc-300. I guess it comes down to, are he cedar components really worth an extra $132.
To me? No, but I'm not spending my money.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yep, mine came with decent drawers/shelves, (had to call for a warranty replacement for a drawer and a couple shelves), but I didn't have to purchase anything else except some odds and ends and some kitty litter. I might buy a small fan to help circulate the air a bit more since it only runs the fan when cooling which isn't very often especially when it is cooler. It has been great so far. Easy setup and consistent. It had no plastic smell and was ready for cigars after seasoning for about a week.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The circulation fan on my CC100 runs all the time regardless if it's cooling or not. I actually unplugged the wires going to the thermo unit since I don't need and it was drawing a slight bit of current and cooling slightly even if the temp was set above the actual temp and causing RH to drop. But the circ fan still runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk