What's new

NewAir CC-300 PC Board Failure / Help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently per NewAir my PC board (part #AW-PCB3) has failed. Symptoms were randomly blinking interior light and beeping. Per NewAir I removed rear cover and a solid red LED on pc board confirms failure. The unit is 3.5 years old. 1 year warranty. In otherwise like new condition. They said model is discontinued and parts unavailable. Said maybe I could find the board locally. Offered to help on price of some new unit.

Granted it’s out of warranty, and buyer beware, but 3 year life on an appliance? Doesn’t seem acceptable.

Any suggestions on how to repair or modify to get it working (I have no need for the light) or where to look for a replacement pc board?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You might do a search for circuit board repair. You don't know until you try.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently per NewAir my PC board (part #AW-PCB3) has failed. Symptoms were randomly blinking interior light and beeping. Per NewAir I removed rear cover and a solid red LED on pc board confirms failure. The unit is 3.5 years old. 1 year warranty. In otherwise like new condition. They said model is discontinued and parts unavailable. Said maybe I could find the board locally. Offered to help on price of some new unit.

Granted it’s out of warranty, and buyer beware, but 3 year life on an appliance? Doesn’t seem acceptable.

Any suggestions on how to repair or modify to get it working (I have no need for the light) or where to look for a replacement pc board?
This reply comes kind of late, but I had the same issue with my CC-300. I went through a very long and annoying process with Newair. They did send me multiple replacement boards none of which worked properly they all had issues. I was never able to get my money back or a resolution to my issue.

I still use the cabinet just not plugged in and have not had any issues. I would prefer it worked as it should but that is not an option.

I would also be concerned with buying another Newair product after dealing with there support system for over a month without resolution.

I would like to hear if you found another option or what your final resolution was to this issue.

Thanks,