What's new

NewAir CC-300H Humidity Problem

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, I'm new to the forums here but i need some help. I have a NewAir CC-300H that I have had set up for about three months now. When i first set it up i used the Boveda 84% RH packs to season it. Once it started holding steady at 79-80% RH, I removed the 84% and placed about 250 sticks in with some Boveda 65% packs that i was storing in some tupperdors. After about 6-8 weeks i started to notice that a 2-3 of my sticks were a little spongy, swell and crack when smoked. At first i didn't think much of it, just that it might have just been bad stick as my RH and Temp had been holding steady at 70-70.5% RH and 69.5-70 degrees (have several digital hygrometers from top to bottom). Now however with those parameters holding the same just about every other stick i garb not matter the the brand, they all fell spongy and swell and crack if smoked. So in know this means they are over humidified so i have taken out all humidification devices. My problem is that the RH will not drop. I have tried leaving the door open for a hour or so at a time, which drops the RH briefly but it always climbs back up. I am at a loss as of what to do. I dont know what changed between the tupperdor to the NewAir as they were both sealed with 65% Bovedas. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What's the ambient (room) RH? I used to have issues in summer since RH got high in the basement where my Avallo is as it's not very air-tight. I got a room dehumidifier and that has helped it out.

Edit: you say the RH drops with the door open so likely ambient is at least somewhat lower. If there's a lot of wood shelves/drawers they could have absorbed a lot of the seasoning moisture and are shedding it to come down to the 65% the Bovedas are trying to maintain. Can you tell if the Bovedas are drawing moisture out of the air, they would be getting bigger in that situation?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Last edited: