What's new

Newbie from Easton, PA

pdonlin

aka Tumbleweed
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Welcome! This was one of a few forums I signed up on when I got into this hobby, and is now the only cigar board I visit. You will learn more than you ever expected here.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
famoussmoke said:
Jeff Gordon Fan? I follow Nascar a little. I like Elliot Sadler. Do you go to many races?

To everybody else: thanks for all the nice welcomes.

Have a great day.
Stephanie
Yep.

I used to go to about three races per year before we had our kids and we lived in the heart of NASCAR country, North Carolina. :thumbsup:

Sadler is cool.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Yep.

I used to go to about three races per year before we had our kids and we lived in the heart of NASCAR country, North Carolina. :thumbsup:

Sadler is cool.
This past year we went to the Daytona 500. It was great fun. I have never been to Lowe's Motor Speedway. I have been to Richmond and every year we attend the September Dover Race (it is one of the closest tracks to our house). We would like to attend Talladega and Bristol at some point.

I have nothing against Gordon. He is a very good driver. His teammate on the other hand, I don't like - Jimmie Johnson. At one point Johnson took out Elliot Sadler for the lead. Since then, don't like the guy.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Welcome Steph!

I'm new here as well and in just a few short days I've realized that (a) the folks on this site know their stuff! (b) they are friendly and approachable without the ornry-ness (is that even a word?) that you might run into elsewhere (c) you can learn tons here by lurking and not posting, but you'll be missing the comraderie.

Now, since you and Wasch veered off into NASCAR territory, I have to ask...why do all racing sports (track & field, horse racing, auto racing, dog races, etc.) run counter-clockwise on the oval? Is there any racing sport that runs "from right to left" as you're watching? I've always wondering this, but never asked...and now that I have, it sounds sort of stupid, but I'll let the question ride. Anyone?

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
ive always thought that all racing went counter-clockwise untill i saw a race out of "down under". they almost looked like nascar stock cars but they went clockwise around the track.

oh yea, they also drove the car from the right side. :peace:

damn, i almost forgot. if im not mistaken (which i usually am) infineon raceway and watkins glen, even though they're road courses, run mostly right hand turns.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrasco said:
Welcome, Stephanie. Send some of that rain to West Texas.
I would be happy to send it to you - if it would get rid of it!!! But today it is sunny and beautiful. We'll see about the weekend - I think there is a chance of thunderstorm.

Have a great weekend,
Stephanie