What's new

Newbie rolling

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Leaves are out of the freezer. How do I roll the single leaf puro so I can taste each leave?

This is my first "roll" and it's not worhing. Big surprise!
First of all, watch blisscigarco on YouTube. Just do it. Trust me.

Next grab 2 leaves, probably need to case it a bit with distilled water in a spray bottle. Filler (1.5 of those leaves) should be just pliable enough to not disintegrate in your hands when making tubes. Your binder piece (.5 leaf) should be wetter, stretchy and pliable.

Make little tubes with the "filler" then wrap the binder around it. Doesn't even need to look good or even! Just play with it. Glue or no glue, smoke it!

I will take a bunch from a new blend out of the mold and smoke it as is. Ugly little cheroots. Sometimes too wet, but the first half will give you an idea of future flavors after drying and aging.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
First of all, watch blisscigarco on YouTube. Just do it. Trust me.

Next grab 2 leaves, probably need to case it a bit with distilled water in a spray bottle. Filler (1.5 of those leaves) should be just pliable enough to not disintegrate in your hands when making tubes. Your binder piece (.5 leaf) should be wetter, stretchy and pliable.

Make little tubes with the "filler" then wrap the binder around it. Doesn't even need to look good or even! Just play with it. Glue or no glue, smoke it!

I will take a bunch from a new blend out of the mold and smoke it as is. Ugly little cheroots. Sometimes too wet, but the first half will give you an idea of future flavors after drying and aging.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Ya, I would do it this way too. Or, rarely, 2 filler, 1 binder, .5 wrapper, to make a 40x6 cigar. I go all the way to the wrapper because I want to know how that leaf performs as a wrapper, potentially.

Last edited:

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well as you may have guessed it was pretty awful to smoke. Harsh and too wet. Lol

However I learned a little how leaves stretch, and that preparation is key. Having the correct leaf ready when it's needed is the way to go. I didn't have binder or wrapper ready.

Also I got a feeling of how tight to roll. It was plenty tight.

So I learned a lot and that was the goal, not to make a fine cigar right away. There is definitely a feel to leaves that seem like only experience can teach. So overall a success.

Bliss, im going to try your technique as you describe here.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rolling is on hold a few days. Barb (wife) said I have to build the stairs to the garage loft before I embark on another project. So I'll be working in the garage this week.
"on hold" sounds like a great opportunity to take advantage for some highly suggested time to get some high medium and, low case into some leaves.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
"on hold" sounds like a great opportunity to take advantage for some highly suggested time to get some high medium and, low case into some leaves.
If I knew how or what I would do it. The leaves seem pretty damp now. Also, another batch of leaves arrived yesterday and are in the freezer.
Brazilian Mata Fina Wrapper
Ecuadorian Ligero Shade Wrapper
Mexican San Andres Wrapper
Brazilian Arapiraca Wrapper
Ecuadorian Seco Binder

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If I knew how or what I would do it. The leaves seem pretty damp now. Also, another batch of leaves arrived yesterday and are in the freezer.
Brazilian Mata Fina Wrapper
Ecuadorian Ligero Shade Wrapper
Mexican San Andres Wrapper
Brazilian Arapiraca Wrapper
Ecuadorian Seco Binder
Casing cigar leaves is simply spraying a mist of distilled water on them and putting them in a separate plastic bag. This let's the moisture be absorbed slowly and makes the leaf flexible. Once flexible, you'll want to smooth and 'clean' the leaf. Keep your cased leaf separate from the bigger bags being stored, you can't store leaf long term at the higher humidity.