What's new

Newbie Tupperdor Setup

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I wanted to get some advice on my current setup. A brother on this forum actually set me up with this tupperdor and some sampler cigars. He also included a Boveda pack. I have since added the two cedar trays and additional Boveda packs. The little packs came with my online orders, so I just threw them in there. I added another big pack because I added the trays and the additional cigars.

The Boveda pack my brother included is a little bit "rocky" to the touch.

Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks.

Special thanks to Doug, knw247 for my initial setup and cigars.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Hey guys, I wanted to get some advice on my current setup. A brother on this forum actually set me up with this tupperdor and some sampler cigars. He also included a Boveda pack. I have since added the two cedar trays and additional Boveda packs. The little packs came with my online orders, so I just threw them in there. I added another big pack because I added the trays and the additional cigars.

The Boveda pack my brother included is a little bit "rocky" to the touch.

Any suggestions would be nice.

Thanks.

Special thanks to Doug, knw247 for my initial setup and cigars.
View attachment 151111
You’ve been shopping. I don’t recall that many sticks in there.
Question for the group. How many bovida should be needed for this size tupadore?

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
First off - nice stash!

Depends on how long you want them to last.
I’ve got 2x 60g. in a tupperdore that is similar size for box storage and they’ve been rocking along for a year. But with opening and closingyou’re looking at closer to 2-3 months.

I actually don’t care to use Bovedas, instead opting for Heartfelt Beads, but it’s a “to each, his own” type deal.

They get “rocky” as they dry up, but there’s a thread on here for rehydrating them, just search for it with the search function (I’m too lazy to go track it down). The setup is fine though, but I’d advise keeping extra Bovedas around to “swap” with the old ones as they dry up / need to rehydrated.

Also, invest in a good digital hygrometer - it’ll help you monitor temp / RH, and save you headaches (or maybe cause them) down the road.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I use about three of those lg packs in a tupperdor that size but as @jasonatjl mentioned the more you have the longer they last. I would recommend rotating them out on some type of schedule to be either recharged or dehydrated as needed.

BasicTek

I don't smoke cigars often... HaHa just kidding :)
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The more boveda's you use the less frequently you will need to recharge them, and you can be more confident that your humidity is being properly maintained.

If 3 is enough then 6 is awesome, it also makes it easy to remove a couple for rehydration when the time comes.

So my vote is more boveda's...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
that's exactly what i use, only smaller. :cigar: i'll probably be adding a 2nd one in the not too distant future. i honestly think one of the big packs would work for that, but nothing wrong with going overboard. you can recharge them by submerging them in water for a few days, some insist on using distilled water. the nice thing about those is they are clear so you can see the hygrometer without opening the lid, and definitely get one if you haven't yet:

Steve0

Cigar noob
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am using 1 320 gram in a container that size which is full of sticks and keeping perfect humidity according to the gauge. It gets opened at least a few times a week. I am waiting on a second pack that is on back order so I can rotate and recharge as needed.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You've got more than enough packs in there. The number depends on the volume of the storage and the number of sticks you have to hold the moisture. (The cigars act like little Boveda packs)
The real question is how long will they last. That depends on how often you open the tuppador to get a stick or just maybe ogle you stash. When they start to get stiff then it's time to recharge them. It's simple stuff. don't overthink it.