What's new

NFL pick'em league

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Guys,

I've been running a football pool on yahoo for 10+ years. The entry fee is not cigars but money (crazy concept, I know). $40, to be exact, and payable via palpay. We use the spread, which if you don't know if waaaaay harder than picking a straight-up winner. 1st place usually has about 55% of games right, and 2/3 of the league will be below .500.

I don't have the time/energy to do weekly prizes, so it's all paid out at the end. We'll probably have 40+ players, with first place being about $900 - $1000 (depends on the total number that enter). As of this exact moment there are 31 players in, but more will pop out of the woodwork in the next week or so.

If this seems like something you'd be interested in, PM me. I know there are other league with cigars for antes and prizes, but I've been doing this much longer than I've been smoking cigars.

If this post is in the wrong place, or if it shouldn't be here at all, I apologize to the mods. Please move or delete as you see fit.

:ccool:
Eric

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
when is your cutoff / latest we could join? funny you posted this I was thinking about doing an actual league also either free (or 3 maybe 5 stick buy in?) depending on interest.. glad to see somebody else uses the yahoo fantasy.. ive always enjoyed it.. been on since 2006

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
when is your cutoff / latest we could join? funny you posted this I was thinking about doing an actual league also either free (or 3 maybe 5 stick buy in?) depending on interest.. glad to see somebody else uses the yahoo fantasy.. ive always enjoyed it.. been on since 2006
Well, the first game of the season is next Thursday, so I'd think people would want to join before then. But, if somebody misses that game, it's only 1 out of 256. I'll let people in as late as they want to enter, but after the first Sunday it'd be kinda silly.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I'd love to do a pick 'em with cigars as payment…. that would be a really cool idea

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Yeah I mean obviously. I just know some guys cut it off like wed night or whatever. So wanted to get some clarification there
No worries brother, wasn't trying to be sarcastic.

Actually, I think that yahoo has a limit of 50 players per league. I'm up above 30 at the moment, and I suppose it could eventually fill up before others had a chance to join.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I'd love to do a pick 'em with cigars as payment…. that would be a really cool idea
I'm surprised something like this doesn't exist around here. I do know of a league at another site that has a 50-cigar ante. There are weekly prizes, as well as payouts to the top few places at the end of the season.

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
We've done pick'em for the last couple of years, link to the current one: http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php/75138-2014-BOTL-NFL-Pick-em

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Yeah I mean obviously. I just know some guys cut it off like wed night or whatever. So wanted to get some clarification there
Bump for zach_24_90 or anybody else who may have missed this. Just about a day and a half until kickoff. We're up to 43 players now in this league, so 1st place will be about $900. 55% correct takes it most years...