What's new

NHL is back on!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The players and owners have reached an agreement "in principle". Hockey will be back on the ice this year! And from the sound of it, the players should have just given in a heck of alot sooner.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Eh??? NHL??? Who caeeess!!!

Not my fault if you don't understand the subliminal humor

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Talk about moron's. The players gave up a years worth of salary for nothing!! The didn't want a salary cap which was needed and if I'm not mistaken they are going to now have one. Guess that year off really worked out well for the players!! eh!!! :grinFU:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
You know, I almost wouldn't mind Hambo. I love the sport, but I'm an absolute cheapskate when it comes to buying tickets. Back a few years ago I used to be able to buy 3 seats, 10 game packs for me, my wife and a good friend of ours and get away for right around $300. Now that the Lightning have won the cup? I just checked the site. Thought it SAYS the lowest 12 pack is $199, the lowest price I see is $300. For one F'ing seat.

Sorry. I enjoy watching the game from the comfort of my couch as much as at the rink after about the 2nd game. $600? That buys a bunch o' smokes.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Exactly Erich! They didn't want a salary cap. Guess what, they got one. The came back right before the season was axed last year and said, "Uncle! We'll do the salary cap, but you can't link our salaries with revenue." The owners gave em' this: :grinFU: without the smile I imagine. Guess what? Salaries are linked with revenue.

IMO, when you boil it all done, the players screwed themselves and the sport as a whole. Not all the players I'm sure, but as a whole, for sure.

gui_tarzan

Certifiable
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
smokem94 said:
Cool.....can't wait to see an Avalanche game again! Hope Peter Forsberg decides to come back.

OH! OH! OH!!!!!

It's a good thing you're a BOTL Mike, otherwise you'd be a new enemy... lol!!!