What's new

Nice Ash

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate it when I have a nice, long, ash goin on, then it decides to fall all over my lap. Do you guys shake off the ash regularly? Or just let it fall off by itself?

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I usually let it hang for as long as it stays on, unless I'm at the lounge, where I ash after an inch or so (don't want to embarrass myself and make a mess for the employees to clean up)

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
it helps if you know the cigar and what it likes to do, ash-wise. keeping it on does help, and people who flick or tap a cigar like a cigarette annoy me (pet peeve), but here is a simple solution: over the tray, tap the cut cap with your index finger every half inch of ash or so. ash is tight, it stays, leave it. ash is loose, it falls discretely.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Personally I do not understand why people get embarrassed that their ash falls off on in their lap. All that tells me is that the gentleman smoking it is relaxed, does not care what he looks like, and understands the importance of the ash cooling system. Besides it just brushes off in a matter of seconds.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on where I am at the time. If I'm outside and there is no wind, I'll let it go until it falls off. If I'm at a friends house, inside I ash before it falls off onto his wife's clean carpet or floor ... God Forbid. Hangin' with the guys ... as long as it will hold before it drops on it's own.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
it helps if you know the cigar and what it likes to do, ash-wise. keeping it on does help, and people who flick or tap a cigar like a cigarette annoy me (pet peeve), but here is a simple solution: over the tray, tap the cut cap with your index finger every half inch of ash or so. ash is tight, it stays, leave it. ash is loose, it falls discretely.
Ditto to this. I give it a soft tap and if it stays I keep going, if it falls...well then there you go. But I like to keep it on as long as possible cause as people say it smokes cooler.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I'm famous among my buddies for ashing on myself. I just can't bear to knock the ash off, ever. I jut cant do it. Even though I know I'm gonna get it all over me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually wait to ash until i have a good 1.5-2" ash then i will ash in my stinky ash tray. If the ash gets to long it restricts air flow and makes it harder to keep the cigar lit and keep its even burn.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm famous among my buddies for ashing on myself. I just can't bear to knock the ash off, ever. I jut cant do it. Even though I know I'm gonna get it all over me.
Pretty much this.. though I don't claim to be famous for much of anything. Seeing how long I can get my ash is almost a contest I have with myself. This contest has resulted in ash on myself, the floor, on my phone, in my keyboard, etc.. Its even more of a challenge if the ash is curling/flaking and wants to fall off.. nothing better than having a 4.5" banana ash (I know there's a joke there somewhere..)

Chubno

Old Fart
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I usually wait to ash until i have a good 1.5-2" ash then i will ash in my stinky ash tray. If the ash gets to long it restricts air flow and makes it harder to keep the cigar lit and keep its even burn.
I feel the same but i dont have a stinky. I think it also depends on the cigar. Finding the natural rhythm of the cigar and joining in that rhythm can make a wonderful relationship.