What's new

No longer unemployed

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
After 3 months of looking and going on over 5 interviews in Manhattan (I lost count after a while), I got a referral from a former co-worker for a position in NJ.

The interview went well and then I got an offer as I was driving to visit family an hour later. So I am going to be working for a company with a high profile contract as a linux systems administrator. It is going to be challenging but I am making 8k more than the previous employer that dumped me, so their loss.

What a relief having something lined up. I can chill on my unemployment check till I start working and relax a bit now.

If anyone in the NY/NJ area is looking for an IT kinda position I have made some decent contacts as far as recruiters, so feel free to hit me up. It was a pain to weed through them all to find the good ones, even if I didn't end up getting the positions I got interviewed for. I also got some good moral support when things were rough so wouldn't mind returning the favor.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Joshua! Congrats brotha!

I cant imagine job hunting in NJ! That had to be rough.

Ill burn a good one in celebration for ya tonight!

-Chrisso

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Joshua! Congrats brotha!

I cant imagine job hunting in NJ! That had to be rough.

Ill burn a good one in celebration for ya tonight!

-Chrisso
It was rough trying to get a position in Manhattan with the hour long commute and spending $30 a pop just go get into the city and back. Kinda glad it worked out with me working in Jersey. I only had one other interview in NJ, the rest were in Manhattan.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice one! Heading back to college tomorrow so gonna be on the lookout for a job over there. Best case is I'd beable to get something involving design work, would be awesome since I do that everyday on my own anyway. :)