What's new

Not a. Road warrior.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
After 3days on the road in have to confess I'm not a road warrior. Hotels will never be comfortable. Those things they call free breakfasts---carb overload unless you get the powdered sxrmbled eggs or greasy pork sausage.

I'm back home to my bead my food my cigars...out of scotch..dang..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
lol, maybe once every year or two I have to go somewhere overnight for a conference or training. It's awful every time!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I love staying at hotels, but I hate the traveling in between, be it by flying or driving... HATE it.

And I'm a bagel fanatic, so if the breakfasts have bagels and cream cheese I'm good, but I agree with you on everything else being crap.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Hehe. I can't get enough of the road, if I can get it my way. I'm ready to stab someone here in Alaska. Hotels and rental cars can lick me. I want to travel in my truck, with my coach towed behind me. Last year was 300 days away from our house. This year I asked for more time out.

Also, beer and ambien are great for hotellin it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I really enjoy traveling... But i hate "getting there"... Long flights, drives, etc make me nuts... But i dont mind crappy hotels, bad food, etc..

Hell... Most of the time the places i go i end up staying in a shipping container/connex box thats been converted to "housing" and half of the time the food i get served would make you think a high school cafeteria served gormet meals by comparrison lol...

And i still love it :)

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I miss the road... touring in bands, anyways... the partying all night... the gigs... getting lost in other cities... stogies in the tour van on the way to the next town.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I hear you, I'm away from home 3-4 days a week, every week. 2-3 different cities, and 2-3 different hotels every week. What I found that has helped me a lot is taking some small meals with me so that I'm not eating out 3 times a day every day. Exercising whenever I can helps a lot too.

I confess I haven't been taking my cigars on the road with me lately, as it gives me something to look forward to when I get home and can enjoy on my porch at home.

Randy

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't mind either way. But my problem is even is I am not in a rush to get somewhere as soon as I get behind the wheel I need to get there as quick as possible. Some call it Lead Foot. I call it my average speed.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I travel roughly 200 days a year so I am pretty much used to being on the road. Hotels, restaurants, traffic jams and flight delays are pretty much par for the course and to be quite honest it really doesn't bother me that much. I used to have a job where I travelled internationally (once a quarter to China and once a year to Europe) and if we ever HERF together I have some travel horror stories that I can share. Typhoons, hail storms, and ice storms can all cause some terrible flight delays and I can tell you some hotel and restaurant stories from China that will curl your hair. That being said, traffic jams, flight delays, bad restaurant food and poor service in hotels in the US are mild by comparison.

What I generally say about traveling is that after I am gone for a week or so my wife will say "when are you going to be home?" And after I am home for a week she will say "when are you going to be traveling again?"

The best thing about having a job where I travel is that it gives me the chance to get together with other BOTLs wherever I go. Over the past year I have probably met and smoked with a minimum of 50 people from this forum. Without my job I never would have had that opportunity. That benefit in and of itself makes it all worthwhile.

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy