What's new

Not quite my scene, but it makes him happy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's the smoker. I'm here to make him happy! I'm picking up bits and pieces and learning that there's a lot more to a good cigar than I ever suspected. I'm certain to learn a great deal more here! I'm in need of some advice, and hoping to get some answers from some seasoned smokers, but I'm nervous about posting in the threads... I've got a gift to give and I want to make sure it's fresh when it's opened. Do I remove this cellophane from the box and store it in a freezer Ziploc with the Boveda pack? How many Bovedas? And what's the best way to keep them fresh AND gift wrapped under the tree?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Ummm... I wouldn't go months or years without some form of humidification.

But a couple weeks wrapped in the box, in cello should be fine.

If you're worried at all, put the entire box in a Tupperware or Rubbermaid container with a boveda, and just wrap the whole thing.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
leave the box wrapped.no freezing is necessary.
if the Boveda is inside the plastic wrap,you can just put it all into a ziplock and then wrap it.
If the Boveda is outsite the plastic wrap,still put it all into a ziplock bag.
The cigars are probably in cello,so you have layers of protection.
this system is good until the Boveda goes dry,which could be months.
easier to wrap and more mysterious to put the box in side another box.......just sayin'...
Good job asking,and have a good holiday.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
He's the smoker. I'm here to make him happy! I'm picking up bits and pieces and learning that there's a lot more to a good cigar than I ever suspected. I'm certain to learn a great deal more here! I'm in need of some advice, and hoping to get some answers from some seasoned smokers, but I'm nervous about posting in the threads... I've got a gift to give and I want to make sure it's fresh when it's opened. Do I remove this cellophane from the box and store it in a freezer Ziploc with the Boveda pack? How many Bovedas? And what's the best way to keep them fresh AND gift wrapped under the tree?
I love the secret Santa wife!!!!

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Well guys, the secret is out! I had a great deal of help from @Pennywise827 , @bwhite220 , @Boudie , @fisherclive , @kit_luce , and @Tennessee Dave . In the end, @fisherclive made it impossible not to reveal myself. Since "nothing travels alone," he bombed @mjones9630 in the same package as something he sent to me, and I just couldn't hide that, so it got wrapped, too! Thank you, guys, and Merry Christmas!
Alright @themissus ..... you can't do that to us!!!
What's in the package!

Stupid Tapatalk