What's new

Not so keen on the PLPCs

eric_f

Semper Fi!
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am smoking my first PLPC right now and I have to say I'm not impressed by it for some reason. Maybe my tastebuds are off, but this is the first habano that's let me down! The smoke is offendingly sour, like spoiled milk, but the aftertaste is a nice creamy caramel. I'll do a review on the other one I have because this one may just be bunk. All cigars deserve a second chance :grin:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my limited experience with the PLPC, they need to sit for at least a year. The honey, caramel flavors will really shine. IME the newer releases are not as good and seem to be missing something from 02 versions. Then again, it could be the age factor.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
the nub said:
In my limited experience with the PLPC, they need to sit for at least a year. The honey, caramel flavors will really shine. IME the newer releases are not as good and seem to be missing something from 02 versions. Then again, it could be the age factor.
Agree 100%.
I wasn't fortunate enough to pick up an 02 cab when they were still around but I have sampled from a number of different boxes with consistant results. They are surely cigars that REQUIRE age in many smokers opinions. Wasch and others really like them pre-sickness, but they practically go beyond all expectations when they sit a few years. Give em another try but perhaps go for a different boxcode. It sounds as if you sampled a cigar going through a typical sick period.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Definetly let this sit.... Much Much better with age in my limited experience with them as well.

Sean9689

Mr. Papagiorgio
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The difference between the '04 and '99 PLPC's I've smoked is amazing. I must say, with a few years of age under there belt, they develop wonderfully.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I had one but I forget what year it was. It was decent, and got a lot better the more I smoked it but I wouldn't say it would be on my top favorites

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eric, reading your description makes me think that you may have mixed up your halloween candy with your smokes. Are you sure that you didn't smoke a Twix?

Seriously, if you have a bunch, they may be going through a bad period. Try putting them away and smoke whatever other smokes that you have that are smoking good now. Let the PLPCs have a rest.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
:smokingme I have a new cab and I think they are a bit harsh but the underlying creamy caramel flavors are there. I think after a couple years they will develop into an exceptional smoke. Waiting is the hard part :smokingme