What's new

NY City Trip

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next Week I'm heading to NYC. I'm going to be staying about 5 blocks from the Nat Sherman Townhouse. I figure I'll stop by there. Are there any other cigar places I should look up while I'm in the big city?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Barclay Rex, SoHo Cigar Bar are 2 that I can think of off the top of my head. If you like BBQ food, check out Brother Jimmy's BBQ. I think there's a few locations in NYC. The one I went to was right outside of Madison Square Garden.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Barclay Rex, SoHo Cigar Bar are 2 that I can think of off the top of my head. If you like BBQ food, check out Brother Jimmy's BBQ. I think there's a few locations in NYC. The one I went to was right outside of Madison Square Garden.
I think Barclays Rex might be gone.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help, I heard of the at Carnegie Hall. Also, love Q! Doesn't Davidoff have one on the Island someplace? Is the old cigar bar still in Grand Central?

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Bbq wars . If you want the some of the best bbq in nyc you gotta go to dinosaur bbq in harlem. Its worth the ride from downtown. Take the metro to 125th and broadway and walk toward the henry hudson.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Bbq wars . If you want the some of the best bbq in nyc you gotta go to dinosaur bbq in harlem. Its worth the ride from downtown. Take the metro to 125th and broadway and walk toward the henry hudson.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Heard a lot of good things about them! I have yet to get there though.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many thing to see and places to eat but so little time! I'm putting both on the list so I can map them into my travels. I can be on the lookout when close by. Thanks for the suggestions!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been to a few

SoHo Cigar Bar - Very laid back, looks more like a regular bar. Nice vibe, old school pictures of the rat pack on the walls. You could wear anything.

Hudson bar and books - a little more upscale. Not much seating inside. Good to go if you want to sit outside, but there isn't a lot of seating outside. Maybe you could reserve an outdoor seat but I don't know. I think you could wear anything.

Lexington bar and books - same owners as Hudson, but a little more upscale and I don't think there's outdoor seating. I believe there's a dress code.

I heard Carnegie club is nice, I think Saturday night they have a band that plays Sinatra. There's also macanudo club

I like a libation with my smoke so it's worth it to know that some of the places mentioned above won't serve alcohol. I guess the cigar shops like davidoff, barclay rex, Casa montecristo

Not sure if you're bringing your own cigars. I believe soho, Hudson, and Lexington wave the cutting fee if you buy a couple of drinks. Not sure about Carnegie and macanudo but they may not.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you're in town for but I enjoyed Carnegie Club's Sinatra Show. If you do go there, their selection is very pricey (an Ashton Symmetry was $25) but if you're there and paid for tickets to the show they waive the cutting fee if you bring your own and I do believe if you buy cigars from nearby related shops they'll waive the fee on those as well with proof of purchase. They have a full service bar.

Advice on the show, a reserved table there for the show might mean a table on the stairs or on the 2nd floor where you watch the show on a screen. I made sure to request a good seat.

SoHo Cigar Bar is great.

Cigar Inn is nice as its BYOB I believe with puchase of cigars there.

I second Dinosaur BBQ, great BBQ with a good beer selection.

For steak, Quality Meats is great too and walking distancr within Carnegie Club so it's a nice dinner with a smoke after night out.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should I expect a NYC cutting fee to be? Not that it matters, it is what it is. Just curious, I don't want my jaw to drop when I get the bill. It's kind of embarrassing.

I have a small 5 stick travel humidor that I thought I would bring along. I usually find a quiet spot outside on the hotel grounds with a good stout or IPA if its a warm day or a a good single malt to help keep warm if it's a little cool.

I land at Laguardia about noon tomorrow, Monday, it's an early flight from MSP.