What's new

NYC Visit

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Well I jumped on the NJ Transit train to NYC for the second night of DMB at the Garden. The girlfriend and myself walked up 5th avenue looking at the Lord & Taylor windows while I smoked a CAO Brazilia. Along the way I stopped at Nat Sherman's. Gorgeous store. I've been there before but it was nice seeing it decorated for the holidays. They really don't have a big selection of cigars.

Further up 5th I stepped into JR Cigars. Another whole store is a humidor with tons and tons of full boxes. They actually have a vault there that is a humidor.

Ended up by the Rockefeller tree, which was a zoo.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
It was. Nat Sherman had this limited edition Partagas I wanted to pick up but would have no where to put it during the show.

Nat had some nice humidors in the store. One that stood out was a $5,500 cabinet.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Nat Shermans has some events on the second floor which is a nice place to mingle andsmoke. On occasion I like to sit in the back room in a letther chair andwatch the plasma screen. During the week they have MSNBC but on Sat afternoon it's a good place to sit and watch college football.

Very limited cigar selection, bu tthey do carry PAMs.

Drop a line next time you have a chance to come into the city and a smoke. I'll take you to some of my favorite haunts.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Definitely will hit you up. I've been wanting to check out Blind Tiger Ale House.

However I read this online

Bad news fellow beer fans... The Blind Tiger is being shut down. The owner of the building has informed the Blind Tiger team that December 27th is it... they are going to turn the whole building into upscale apts. Terrible news... the city is losing one of the best places for brews. Stop by before the end of December and raise a glass to the incredible team @ Blind Tiger--- if you wait until 2006 you will be too late.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
caudio51 said:
Definitely will hit you up. I've been wanting to check out Blind Tiger Ale House.

However I read this online

Bad news fellow beer fans... The Blind Tiger is being shut down. The owner of the building has informed the Blind Tiger team that December 27th is it... they are going to turn the whole building into upscale apts. Terrible news... the city is losing one of the best places for brews. Stop by before the end of December and raise a glass to the incredible team @ Blind Tiger--- if you wait until 2006 you will be too late.
Blind Tiger is (was) less then 10 blocks from me ...it's over on Hudson.

Great neighborhood bar. They have (had) an oyster festival. Lots of fun.

Fortunately, Corner Bistro is still going strong. Cheap beer and greasy burgers .....Hmmmmmm