What's new

Office Humi?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Anyone have an office humidor? What do you have and what do you keep in it? I know one or two of you have the priveledge of smoking in the office, but I don't. Just thinking of finding a small 10 or so humi to keep sticks in for when I want one during lunch. Right now, I just bring them with me. Previously in a ziploc, now in my brand spankin' new Cigar Caddy. :D

But sometimes I end up not smoking what I brought, or finding myself wishing I HAD brought a smoke, hence the office humi idea.

Thoughts?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I do not keep a humi in the office, but I carry an otter box with me almost daily :D

I have a 5 and 15 count otter that I carry in the car, I ussually bring it out in the morning and inside when I get home, you never know, allways be prepared.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
That's where I'm at with the Cigar Caddy right now. I just think I'd rather have them sitting here resting in a true humi, ya know?

And sorry, this really should have gone under Storage I suppose.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I've been looking at BH's seconds just so I can look at some cigars while working. When it gets warm again, like in March/April, I will start smoking during lunch.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I think the superintendent of schools would have a problem with me having a humidor in my band room! I personally don't see the problem, but, you know, having the kids digging around for a good robusto might be a problem!

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
tubaman said:
I think the superintendent of schools would have a problem with me having a humidor in my band room! I personally don't see the problem, but, you know, having the kids digging around for a good robusto might be a problem!
Ditto.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a small humidor at work.. just a cheapy.. nothing speacial.. keep psd 4s and perdomo la tradition at the moment.. but I normally try to have some shorts and boli cj .. smaller vitolas and some clubs for shorter breaks...

I am in a school here but have a non student access office so no drama for me.. and besides.. our students are all adults.. aged 18 -70...

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
tubaman said:
Especially since I'm sure there is kids like me around :twisted:

There's always at least one :twisted: :twisted:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Can't smoke at the office I'm at now. I used to when I was at our other office, but just kept my cigars in a ziplock and carted them back and forth everyday.

I had thought about getting a Caddy to use at work where I would feel more comfortable leaving them there, but just never purchased one.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I thought about bringing a small humidor to work, but the heat/AC gets turned down/off on the weekends. So, I can't risk what that might do to the smokes. I've been bringing a few with me to work on the weekends in a 3-cigar holder/case, but I've never liked the odor that the case seems to have. Although it's supposed to be lined with cedar, it just seems odd. I'm going to start using my new Otter now, especially after reading some of the other posts here about how long the smokes will stay fresh in it.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Actually, I have two. One from Pulse and one from xrundog that is an refurbished 50 ct antique. Very nice holding some PSD #4 right now.

J

jckposter

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have a small one that Pulse sent me too ...with a big smilie Face on it. It gets alot of looks from people that come in my office. I just take 4 or 5 smokes aday and threw them in there.

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have been using a Fuente bag for a long time. What works now is the can that the Cuesta-Rey milano 4 pack comes in when you join J.C. newman. I like it and I works and it was kind of free.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The first humidor I bought was a 25 stick bix at JR in midtown.

After outgrowing it in a couple of weeks, I brought it into the office. Usually smoke after work, and instead of shlepping ciagrs back and forth - it was just easier.

Of course, now I do both ... keep the little office humi plus carry a small 5 stick otterbox that I picked up on cbid

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
geoffrie said:
The first humidor I bought was a 25 stick bix at JR in midtown.

After outgrowing it in a couple of weeks, I brought it into the office. Usually smoke after work, and instead of shlepping ciagrs back and forth - it was just easier.

Of course, now I do both ... keep the little office humi plus carry a small 5 stick otterbox that I picked up on cbid
same here, i keep a small 25 coount at work, i cant smoke in the office
but sometimes i end up working in back of the shop for awile.
its nice to have a cigar handy. :D

hdking