What's new

"Official" stores in Cuba

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It has been mentioned on this form a few times that to insure you get real CC's in Cuba that you should only go to official La Casa de Habano stores. There is a link that lists the locations http://lacasadelhabano.com/web/index.php/en/franchises/search-franchises
I have been to Cuba many times and there is usually a cigar shop on the resort properties. I was told all those shops are "official" Habanos shops. It makes sense to me since there is on one company allowed to run cigar shops in Cuba and I don't think the large resort owners are going to try and get around that law. I have never had an issue with anything I've purchased at these resort stores. I'm not talking about buying CC's in town or on the beach from suspect sellers. That's another story.

Am I wrong in thinking that all resort cigar stores are licenced Habanos stores ?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've purchase lots of CC's at resort stores. Never had a fake, and never seen a glass top box. One thing that is interesting about Cuba is that you don't have to shop around to get the best price. The price is set by Habanos S.A. and it doesn't vary from store to store. Even the airports are the same price.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
glass tops are a central American item.
much more likely to find genuine packaging in Cuba.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
glass tops are a central American item.
much more likely to find genuine packaging in Cuba.
Saw them when I was in the Dominican Republic too. When we did a touristy mall tour with a shuttle from the resort we did a small tobacco shop tour. When I asked if they had CC's for sale they pushed D.R. cigars on me instead which I got to try a fresh hand rolled one. It actually wasn't bad at all until they hit me with their prices. Needed to be a baller for them.