What's new

Ok, I got to thinking......

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "what kind of storage" thread got me thinking. I have 2 desktops and a coolerdor that stay inside my downstairs closet. It is the only place in the house that remains around 68 degrees year round. So, my "desktops" are really "coolertops". They don't look nice because they sit in the dark until I want a smoke. What I really wanted was a 120qt cooler. So, I got to thinking. What about a 120qt with the two desktops set inside with the other boxes? I have space issues to consider, so consolidating things is a plus here. I could use the desktops for singles, obviously, and the rest for box aging. Do any of you experts see any issues with this? Stain issues from the outsides of the desktops? Neither has a strong smell to it and many boxes of cigars have stain on them, so I am thinking this would be ok. Any issues that you can see?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I agree with Mark...also I couldn't imagine the finish on the desktop 'poluting' the other boxes. As you said, some boxes already in the cooler are varnished and there is no problem there. In actuality the finish on the desktop is likely more cured than that on the varnished boxes.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'm going to do that. I need to get the dimensions of the 120qt to figure out what kind of space my Brescia will take up inside it. Oooooh, I may have to order some today! I had decided to just keep enough on hand to fill my coolertop humis, but I think that is going out the window today!