What's new

OK, Who's Tried Root Beer Tobacco?

CWL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,
Just saw that Altadis makes a Root Beer flavored pipe tobacco and am really curious about this one, probably am going to have to order a couple ounces just to say I've tried it. (No, I doubt it will become a regular blend for me.)

Anyone tried this stuff before?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No, can't say that I've ever had any rootbeer flavored pipe tobacco. The only aromatic I go near these days is Boswell's Berry Cobbler, its not overly cased and has a good flavor.

Let us know how it is.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Shuckins has, I'm sure. He sent me a bomb of different pipe tobaccos a while back. And root beer was included! I haven't tried it, yet, though!

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
yep,i've smoked the rootbeer and enjoyed it. i couldn't really taste the rootbeer though. it was more of a sweet tobacco flavor. the peanut butter i smoked was pretty good also.
i can send you a sampler if you want to try some before you buy it...

CWL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the offer shuckins, but my order is already on its way to me. You should save yours for someone else.

I'll let everyone know what I think of it when I get my shipment.

CWL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I've tried it...
I've actually had it for a few days but have been afraid to get near it until this morning. It has a generic RYO tobacco look to it, I'd say 49% light brown, 49% medium brown and 2% black tobaccos sprinkled together. Doesn't smell like root beer, more like a sugar cookie.

Loaded some into my Peterson Donegal and went to work. It lit easily and burned well but burned hot and harsh, definitely a tongue-burner if not smoked carefully. Nice room note though. Taste? I didn't detect any root beer in it although it did have some occasional hints of sweetness, but because it tasted so harsh, I couldn't taste much. Perhaps I detected a bit of cinnamon.

Overall, not a great experience. I'll try another bowl again sometime, but this certainly won't become a regular for me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You know I'm just not too sure how I feel about rootbeer flavor. Let us know how it goes because I just can't imagine that they can actually get it to taste like rootbeer, maybe sweet but thats as close as it can get. I am curious to see how much Shuckins' peanut butter actually taste like peanut butter though.

CWL

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had a second bowl, smoked it really really carefully... Still a tongueburner with no hint of any "root beer" essences, just a little sweet and a lot of harshness.

I had to dump it after 1/3 of the bowl to save my tongue.

I'm done with this experiment.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant say that I have. But what ever you people like thats whats good about pipe smoking.