What's new

Old camper to new cigar lounge.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
My current man cave is currently half of my detached garage. I've been wanting to have car storage space back and this week I got the opportunity to buy a 32 foot travel trailer for zero dollars. Yep, zero. After listening to the wife nag for 8 thousand hours about wanting to fix it up and use it as a camper, and about an hours worth of inspecting I came to the conclusion that it's camping days sare over. Well, mobility wise anyways. So, now I'm in the works of actually converting it to my new cigar lounge like I originally planned. So here it is fellas. 2002 coachmen Catalina!

And yes, my half ton Chevy 5 speed manual pulled that bastard home.

Current garage set up...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Before pictures of the inside.
The whole slide out is rotted. That'll get completely removed and the wall will get rebuilt and sealed with the old siding. So from the outside it'll look just like it does.
There's water damage at the back of the trailer from the ceiling from a roof leak. Also the whole bottom front below the floor is rotted. That'll all get fixed and resealed. A buddy of mine works for an rv company, you know, since where I live is where 98 percent of rvs come from. And he's gonna help fix this thing up nice for a stupid cheap price. Free!
20170309_183301.jpg20170309_183305.jpg20170309_183316.jpg20170309_183330.jpg20170309_183334.jpg20170309_183403.jpg20170309_183408.jpg

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
The wall diving the bedroom from the kitchen/living room area will be removed and a support beam installed along the roof for stability. Right now thinking a couch at the front and the TV mounted where the fridge is currently. The fridge is propane operated and my buddy wants that. I'll put my mini fridge in somewhere else

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
2002 and it's already done? That's pretty quick!

Update us with pictures of the final lounge trailer!
You gotta remember. That's 15 years old. Campers are made like shit. This one's probably already had a bunch fixed on it. If it weren't for the small amounts of mold I'd probably fix it to camp in. My step son has cystic fibrosis so he can't be around it at all. Also the slide out fell out at 1 point... Motor is shot which wouldn't be bad. But it's missing lights, water heater, light covers, some outlets and just needs way too damn much work. Plus with all the rotting I'm not sure how much more road travel the thing can handle.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
You gotta remember. That's 15 years old. Campers are made like shit. This one's probably already had a bunch fixed on it. If it weren't for the small amounts of mold I'd probably fix it to camp in. My step son has cystic fibrosis so he can't be around it at all.

Ah sorry to hear that. So a friend just gifted it to you?

Should make a great lounge.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Looking forward to enjoying a cigar with you in there once you get it done.

I should be back through Goshen in September at the latest and hopefully even sooner.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0

I should be back through Goshen in September at the latest and hopefully even sooner.
Definitely old friend! Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hopefully things are good.
I'm hoping to have the majority of this done in 2-3 weeks. Lots of little stuff to do on it after that.

HillbillyPyro

that's what she said
Rating - 100%
71   0   0

Definitely old friend! Haven't heard from you in awhile. Hopefully things are good.
I'm hoping to have the majority of this done in 2-3 weeks. Lots of little stuff to do on it after that.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My travel schedule has been kicking my ass and both the wife and I have been facing some health issues over the past few months but overall things are good.

Looking forward to burning a couple (cigars) with you in the near future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: