What's new

Oliva Cigars asked "Do you own a smoking jacket?"

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Saw the question on FB this morning.
I try to use the same hoodie during the cold weather when I sit outside to smoke a cigar. It picks up a lot of smoke smells and keep my other clothes sort of odor free. The hoodie airs out on the back of a chair on my porch when not in use. Definitely not a fashion statement but functional.

Hamm

Bacon
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I try to use the same hoodie during the cold weather when I sit outside to smoke a cigar. It picks up a lot of smoke smells and keep my other clothes sort of odor free. The hoodie airs out on the back of a chair on my porch when not in use.
Same here.
I was coming here to say I don't have a smoking jacket, but I have a smoking hoodie.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
There I was, on a mini-vacation with my hot wife. The year was 2012 and we were somewhere in Florida and she discovered an Outlet Mall that she dragged me to. Now, I hate shopping just as much as the next red-blooded American male but I also understand that my wife loves to shop and we like spending time together so occasionally, I find myself shopping with her and she finds herself hanging out with me on the back deck while I smoke cigars. Anyway, after going into what felt like our 739th store of the day, we ended up in a GAP clothing store. While I made small talk with another guy who was clearly dragged there by his wife, I hear my wife in the back of the store say, "B! Come look at what I found!" I told the guy goodbye as he said, "good-luck" and I walked to the back to see what "amazing thing" my wife had found this time. When I was about 10 feet away from her, she held up an item that I had never seen before and to this day, I kick myself for not buying. There, in her hands, straight off of the clearance rack for $12.49, was a casual sports jacket that had a sort-of flannel pattern in blues, greens, and blacks. It even had "leather" patches on the elbows. It was so hideous that it was perfect. We both laughed as I tried it on and then we laughed harder when it fit me perfectly. We put it back on the rack and moved on to the 740th store.

A few hours later, we went to a cigar shop. My turn. As we sat in the lounge and talked with a few of the people one of them said something about how funny it would be to buy a smoking jacket and wear it to every cigar lounge he visits. My wife and I both looked at each other immediately and said, "the God-awful Gap Jacket!" We went back to GAP to see if they still had it as it would be the perfect and stupid smoker's jacket. I mean, we were making fun of it while knowing that we were about to buy it and that I would rock that stupid thing at specific smoking events. We made a beeline for the clearance rack, gone. We looked through the other clearance racks, not there. My wife went up front and asked the cashier if they could look through the dressing room pile of clothes that people decided not to buy. She obliged and asked which item we were looking for. When my Hot Wife said, "it's an ugly sports coat in blue and green and" that's when the cashier cut her off and said: "Oh, that thing! We sold it a few moments ago!"

I've been on the lookout for a smoker's jacket that dumb and that cheap ever since and to no avail.

The short answer to your question though is, no. No I do not.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I wear the same insulated flannel, even though my garage is heated. It soaks up the majority of the smell, so I don't carry it in and all over the furniture. Oddly enough, my daughter even notices the smell on the cat when I pet him after coming back in from the garage.
I understand that daughters and I know that wives are like that

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I rarely designate a jacket to smoke in anymore.

Back when I would smoke cigarettes underage, and had to hide the smell from my parents, I had a denim jacket I would always stash outside to put on while smoking. It worked pretty damn well.