What's new

Oliva Master Blend

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I had the 2 over the weekend, and I must say these are a pretty damn good smoke. The 2 also has this unique laser etched design right on the wrapper. The cigar is filled with woody cedar type flavors, really tasty.

I also picked up the 3 at the shop but haven't smoked it yet. Each blend has its own character, but they are pretty fine smokes. Cigars like these are why I still like to try non-cubans. Theres flavors here you just can't get otherwise.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Have you smoked the MB1 before? I enjoyed these, but have not tried the MB2. I read where it was somewhat stronger but less flavorful than the MB1.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Never had the MBII, I'll have to pick one up
If you ever hit Fume again, they still have them in stock.
I was chatting it up with the owner about what new stuff had come out and he showed me the 3's but the 2's are still there while they last so I bought one of each!

Never got a chance to try the first one, didn't really know much about these till last weekend.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Believe it or not, they have an MBIII out already.

Was in Cigarbid last weekend.:closedmou:closedmou
I still have a couple of OMBI and a box of OMB I

(OK OK I turn irrational now and then)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had an Oliva MB3 double robusto last night that Crossbow was kind enough to send me to try. I generally smoke ISOM's, no experience with this marca.
It was a beautiful stick, excellent construction, smooth wrapper, neat band (sorry no pics). It smelled earthy.
Nice burn, perfect draw, solid white ash. Big ring gauge (54), really sturdy. I find it quite a bit milder than Cubans, lots of smooth flavour. Consistent all the way through, never harsh, smoked it right to my fingers. Great finish.
Thanks Gene. Loved it.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
I had an Oliva MB3 double robusto last night that Crossbow was kind enough to send me to try. I generally smoke ISOM's, no experience with this marca.
It was a beautiful stick, excellent construction, smooth wrapper, neat band (sorry no pics). It smelled earthy.
Nice burn, perfect draw, solid white ash. Big ring gauge (54), really sturdy. I find it quite a bit milder than Cubans, lots of smooth flavour. Consistent all the way through, never harsh, smoked it right to my fingers. Great finish.
Thanks Gene. Loved it.

From what I remember about the Master Blends, they are moderate strength smoke. There are probably some cuban cigars that are more mild, say Rafael Gonzales or Quai d'Orsay. But in general I agree that many cuban cigars would be stronger in strength.

Crossbow is quite the bomber huh?!!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
He is at that. Still have many more to try...
Enjoy them Docb. Smoke them all!!!!
Great review Docb!! Which is why the OMB is still a favorite in my rotation.
The last time I smoked one of them, my wife asked me if my fingers always get burned when smoking a cigar (because she saw that I was nubbing this cigar)

He still has to try the rest of the package I sent him, tubaman!

Crossbow is quite the bomber huh?!!
I assure you tubaman, I am always at my best behavior.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The yearly release smokes seem to illustrate well how subjective cigar preferences are. Some hate the MBII but love the MBI. some the reverse. Same with the Torano. Some love the 2004 and not the 2005 and vice versa. Myself, I like the one but think the two is a good smoke for it's profile. The III ain't bad, either. But I think they are over-priced, the lot of them. And I'm an official Oliva whore! :pokemyeye