What's new

Oliva "O" Ole Maduro

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
These have been a standby of mine since as long as I can remember. If I had to choose 3 N/C to keep smoking, even though I'm slipping harder and harder to the ISOM route, this would definately be one of them.

Oliva O Ole - 4 3/4 x 50 - Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper

Dark rich color, Solid construction, nice smell...creamy smoke. Definately full bodied but not harsh at all...and what a beautiful label (embroidered blue satin). Cuban seed Habano fillers and finished with nice Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper.

First light is even and impressive in that it doesn't flower out at all. First few drags produce some thick, heavy, creamy smoke and it stays this way the whole stick through. about 1/2 way down this badboy really wakes up and shows you what it's made of so just sit back and enjoy the ride. Flavors I pick up are cocoa, slight wood, and a hint of pepper. It's a nice mix and I enjoy it.

This is just an all around great cigar. Strong, so eat before you start this badboy or you'll end up a bit green not too long into it...hehehe

Great with a nice scotch, coffee, ice water, or root beer.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks for the review, I have my first Olivas coming my way tomorow, I think. They are the Grand Cameroons though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great review Adam... I've only had 1 of these (but it wasnt the maduro).. i think the other that was given by a later known untrusted botl was a fake.. but the 1 I had was absolutely one of the best I have smoked.

But not 100% sure, as the 2nd one i had (from the untrusted botl) was crappy... I hope to pick up a fiver of these one of these days when the finances are in order again... thanks for letting me re-live my experience with this one as well!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Is this the one with the velvet looking band? Was it Red or Blue? I have heard mixed opinions, so I think I need to give one a try for myself.

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Blue velvet band with gold lettering. Get the Ole' size (4 3/4 x 50).

I actually don't enjoy the red velvet banded ones.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was the red velvet...

Im curious to try them again, and the blue ones as well (after reading your review).

thanks again!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Pulse said:
Blue velvet band with gold lettering. Get the Ole' size (4 3/4 x 50).

I actually don't enjoy the red velvet banded ones.
That is what I understand, the red one isn't that great. I will give the blue one a try. Thanks Pulse