Eran
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Wrapper: Maduro
Binder: Cuban-Seed Habano
Filler: Nicaraguan Habano
Length/Ring: 5 x 52
Price: I think I paid under $4 for a single

I had this cigar sitting in my humidor for about 2 months at 65% humidity. I clipped the end with a Xikar cutter and had no trouble with it. The cut was clean and even. The pre-light draw was just right to me. Not too loose, not too tight.

Looking at this cigar, it was a very pretty dark chocolate color with only one or two noticeable veins. The color was consistent all over the wrapper, and no noticeable blemishes. There was a little flaking of the wrapper towards the foot of the cigar, but that could have been my fault as it wasn't in cello in my humidor.

I toasted the foot of the cigar and it lit with relative ease. First draw produced a little less smoke than I would have liked, but it was very flavorful. Traditional maduro flavors. Chocolate, nutty, hints of caramel. The aftertaste was very creamy. After a few more puffs, I still wasn't satisfied with the amount of smoke, and the burn started to go askew, so I re-clipped it. The cigar opened right up after that. It produced a much larger volume of smoke, but it still wasn't "full" enough to blow smoke rings.

The ash was greyish, and fell off on its own after about an inch. I couldn't get it longer than about an inch and a half throughout the whole smoke. Just as well though, the draw started to get too hard for me with an inch long ash on there.

The initial flavor faded off relatively quickly unfortunately. I would have been happy to keep that flavor profile throughout the whole cigar. About 1/3rd of the way into the cigar I started to notice more of a "typical" tobacco flavor. Kind of a leathery / grassy flavor. I also noticed a bit of a metallic flavor. Interesting and annoying at the same time. Kind of like licking a coin.

The last 3rd of this cigar started to taste like espresso and a bit of a woody taste. Maybe cedar? Still had the leathery tobacco taste as well. I smoked this down the the nub and it never got harsh. Actually it was hard to wait between puffs.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar. I'll be looking to pick up some more as I only purchased the single. It was fairly complex for being a cheap cigar, however, I really would have liked to have the initial flavor last longer. It was kind of a tease.

sarnone

Mithrandir
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I picked up a fiver of the Oliva Grand Maduro robusto and had a real good experience with those. Paid $7.00 for the fiver. Should have gotten more, I think they discontinued them. Oliva makes a nice cigar. The series G has a cammie wrapper, the grand has a Nic Habano wrapper.

Your reviews are enjoyable to read, keep them coming please.

Sam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Serie G Maduro belicoso was a star I found a little while back. It's reasonably enough priced to be my 'everyday' cigar and yummy enough that I never feel like I'm cheating myself.
I've always been a fan of belicoso/torpedo shaped cigars, and if you look in my humi, you'll see that it's about 75% maduro cigars.
I found nothing to complain about this smoke. Prelight smells awesome, draws like a champ. I found a lot of wonderful flavors in them, strong enough to keep me interested yet not such that it got to be bitter towards the end.
I highly recommend this cigar to anyone who like a good maduro cigar at a relative bargain price.:blob:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
series G never disappoints.the 7 x 50 is a monster. Feels light and kind off odd for such a large box press. the flavor is on till the breka breka dawn tho. smooth seams, mmm beautiful wrapper. Has been a memorable cigar.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang! watch the ash that fell way to quickly. if I had a wife, shed be pissed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk