What's new

One flame, two flame, flat flame oh my.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok so I try to research every step I make in purchases and plan everything out way in advanced. It has been years since I was in the game and lighters have changed so much. You have one to 4 flames and even flat flames for torch lighters. It is quite overwhelming now. I am looking at Xikar brand as I had good results in the past with them. Some I am looking at are the HP4, Verano flat, Trezo, and hp3. I can only smoke outside and smoke 46 gauge and up usually. So whats this newfangled flat flame?

So what do you use? What experience can you pass on that I should listen to?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I usually use a 4 flame because I like the size of the flame. A lot of brothers will say it's way too much heat but I can turn the flame down when inside and up when trying to lite in the wind. Gives me the most flexibility. It really doesn't matter, what's more important is how much attention you pay to toasting and lighting your cigar.

I also have some single flame lighters with very tight cones I like to use for touching up poorly burning wrappers. I'm guessing a flat flame gives you wide, soft cone

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best performing lighter I've had so far has been a cheap vertigo triple torch. $50 xikar crapped out on me, and since you can't just walk into a shop and swap it (greatest return process ever: gone), it's just sitting around collecting dust.
Hmm Xikar website still says you can return it to a retail location. I wonder what has changed. I had a lighter that I had to get repaired and i returned it to a location about 6 years ago.

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
The Xikar Allumes are great lighters. Sometimes you can get them for a good price

My buddy loves this 3 flame and got it for $11.00

My favorite lighter I got at Harbor Freight for $15.00

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Single flame is all you need. The standard is the Blazer PB-207 IME. Get the industrial version to avoid the safety.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I use a BIC too unless someone hands me their lighter to try. There are some very nice lighters out there. But all I really need is fire and a BIC supplies that reliably.

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I’m a single torch guy, I like the greater control of the focused flame. Current favorite is the Colibri Daytona. The Eagle gun torch lighters are a good bang for your buck, massive capacity and you can usually get a refill or 2 before they ultimately fail.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I’m a single torch guy, I like the greater control of the focused flame. Current favorite is the Colibri Daytona. The Eagle gun torch lighters are a good bang for your buck, massive capacity and you can usually get a refill or 2 before they ultimately fail.
Yep, 2 refills and they’re toast. But cheap enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertigo tripple torch is stupid cheap on ebay. Heck our gas stations have them sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My "go-to" lighter for the past 4-5 years has been a single flame Bugatti B1. Unfortunately, these have been discontinued and are no longer in production. I also have about half a dozen Ronson Jetlites that I keep lying around as backups for when I run out of fuel in the Bugatti.

I prefer the single flame because I found that when I used double and triple flames I tend to overtoast the foot. YMMV.

As far as a "flat" flame, I'm not sure what the advantages would be. Guessing it's just a marketing thing for someone to sell more lighters.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both a three flame Virago torch and a flat flame Lotus Citadel Flame. If im outside in the day I go with the triple flame so I can see the flame. In all other conditions inside or outside in the evening I tend to use the flat flame. IMO, the flat flame allows for a better toasting of the cigar when lighting. It allows much more control of the flame and heat.