What's new

one more bead question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 28 bottel wine cooler and a cigar oasis that is on the bottom of
the unit.Now my question is where to put the beads on the top or on the bottem of the unit.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I suggest top or middle, not the bottom. If placing beads on bottom close to the Oasis, might absorb 100% RH all the time and not be able to absorb more if needed. I place mine in the middle to absorb extra the Oasis might give off, but have them on the top sometimes. Really the Oasis is the main RH producing source and the beads are there to absorb the extra or give a small buffer (at least here during the summer).

Winter air here is dry with the forced heat etc., so the Oasis works more often than during the summer and the wine cooler gets un plugged. As less air is circulated in winter, I place the beads up top.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Also depends on how much your wine cooler is on. I have my temps set higher by using an external temp controller, so the fan is not on all the time. You probably should check all ways to put the beads and see what works best for your set up. Seems the cold, hot, and between season I have to change something to get the RH right and balanced as I can. Good luck and have fun with it.