What's new

"oooppppssss"

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
ever have a major brainfart and just forget to do something really important????

i was just thumbing through some papers on the computer desk when i found a slip from the DMV telling me i need to send $70.00 to renew my liscense plates. only problem is the payment was due 03/31/07........

guess there goes my trip to the B&M this month.......... :headroll:

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
$430 for a little sticker that lasts a year????? damn!!! i thought 70 was bad!!
sucks to be you!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I forgot about that this year till I went to trade the car in at the dealer. They wouldn't take it with out a valid registration since I drove it in. I was only 5 months late.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Our registration stickers are around $60 or $70 as well.

$430 is yet-another-reason I can't afford to live in California.

smokinafuente

This space for rent.
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Martinsburg, WV ...Home of the Martinsburg Mafia.
I was pulled over last year and the officer was nice enough to remind me that my plates expired 5 months earlier. He gave me a ticket and said he wouldn't have the van towed because my doughtier was with me (we were headed to a WWE event). The fine was $170. I renewed the tags and went to the court house to pay the ticket and that was when I was glad I moved to WV. The lady at the court house checked to see if I had every thing in order and said "OK, it all looks good, now to take care of the ticket" she messed around on her computer and I asked who to make the check out to. She said "nobody, I just took care of the ticket". I just stood there with a dumb (ok dumber) look on my face. She then explained that sense I renewed the tags there was no need for the ticket. I still had the dumb look but thanked her as I walked out. In WV the first number of the tag number is the month that they need renewed . So as a party bonus, the lady at the DMV gave me a new set of tags. If they just gave me the stickers the tag would already be 5 months old.

And talk about a brain fart, my wife had a big one yesterday. I go to leave for work and start to back the van down the driveway and I hear an awful racket. I get out an look and it's a flat tire. I just got back to work on Monday after being off for four months and didn't want to be late for work on my 3rd day back. I go in to get the keys to the car and told the wife what happened and she goes.. "OOOHHh Sh!+. I seen it this morning as Kelli (my doughtier) was getting on the bus (about 6.5 hour earlier) and forgot to tell you." :popeyes:

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
damn rodney...

and quite a few places actually do wave those tickets if you get the tag renewed by your court date..

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Damn, I shoulda looked at this thread yesterday. I forgot to fax in my timesheet damnit. It's one thing to forget to pay money, but to forget to put your shit in to get paid. Damn am I a fool!!:angerhead

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
damn rodney...

and quite a few places actually do wave those tickets if you get the tag renewed by your court date..
Expired tag and inspection can be waved in NC. The trooper was in a good mood and only gave me a warning on the inspection, it was only 10 days late. The tag was 4 months:hammersma

Tag renewal here is $28.00 My Colt is due this month. Time for it's yearly 35K mile oil change. What a car!