What's new

Opus X Petite Lancero

tom1026

Banned
Rating - 85.7%
6   1   0
:waving:Hey guys, I am betting this may be a little rough since it's my first review, hopefully they'll go smoother over time. Today's review is of the Fuente Opus X Petite Lancero. I found this cigar at a local B&M about 2 weeks ago and has been in my humi since. I did not get the date on these because they had assorted sizes two Reserva De Cheateau boxes. This is a very pretty cigar, having only 2 noticable veins. It weighs in at 6.25 x 39 and is a Dominican Puro with a tapered head. It cost me around $11.00. I barely clipped the head and.....plugged. Usually with Torpedos(if I dont take enough off)this happens to me. So I took some more off...plugged! Oh no, this scarred the crap out of me. One more cut I thought then off to find a poker...Thankfully third time was a charm, and the draw was perfect to my liking, just a slight amount of resistance. The first puff was not at all what I expected, actually the same was the case with the whole cigar. It was a medium-full strength at best spice with extremely pronounced flavors of pepper and a very nice balancing sweet woodsiness. I loved how pronounced the flavors were in this cigar, it made it very easy for my amateur palate to pick out the flavors. This cigar also developed throughout flavors of saltiness, chocolate, and a slight subtle fruity-like flavor. You have to be careful though, as I would assume if you did not sip this carefully enough it could turn sour/bitter/hot. Mine did not, as I was careful, but a little bit too carefully, it went out three times, all could be chalked up as waiting too long in between puffs. I haven't smoked many lanceros, this one has really turned me towards lanceros, I will get the hang of it. I nubbed this baby till it burned me, and it it was that good I will definately be seeking some out, which gets me to the price point. Is it worth 11.00? In my opinion, hell frikin yes, and more. If you haven't had one, definately try one. It is now my favorite NC. If you like other Opus I cannot guarantee you will enjoy this, though, due to it is mild compared to other Opus. Heck, if if you buy 'em and hate 'em sell them to me! Like I said, I am not sure on the age of these, definately 2009s something though, it's scary if these could get any better, so complex and tasty, I cannot get over how good this cigar was! My rating was 96/100, points were deducted due to the burn a little wavy, it going out(my fault partially really), and the lack of complexity on the last third(still complex just not as complex as the first and second thirds). I didn't think of writing a review online until the final third, so that's why not pics, next time though, for sure!:cjump: