What's new

Opus X

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
So I had some time to kill at lunch and went to the largest cigar store in the area. They told me that they only get in Opus Xs for holidays(Father's Day, etc) and that it's mainly an "east coast" cigar. I asked for a referral to another shop and he said no one carries them. Is this guy FOS or just unhelpful, or is this really the case?

On a sad note..Gus's Smoke Shop, the oldest shop in the Los Angeles area(or at least the Valley) apparently has gone out of business, over a year ago. I told you guys I've been a bit out of touch.

Allan

scottsins

Official BOTL Consigliere
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I may say that they could be partially FOS, since Opus X came out before x-mas, during x-mas, and once already this year.

You should ask them if they have an "Opus X Account", meaning that they get Opi directly from Fuente. Mnay/most shos do not. That will let you know what prices will be like when they have them.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
The shops that are Opus dealers get shipments several times a year. They are not ordered, they just how up along with other Fuente stock.

My local retailer gets them in about three times a year. His last shipment was huge, about 80 to 100 boxes. All were gone in a matter of weeks. I bet he only put 10 boxes on the shelf total from that shipment, most was sold by the box to favored clientel. They sell like wild fire.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Not worth the hype if you ask me.... The ones from the mid to late 90's are good but recently they have not been all that.... They sell the name now not the cigar in my opinion.... It is a pretty good 5 dollar cigar but its not worth the 15-50 dollar price range that you will see.....

My opinions though take them as you may....

Clay

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I just got a load of the prices on the internet...Am I seeing right? I can't believe any NC is worth that much, but then again, I haven't had one yet....

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Alanf, pm me your snailer, i got a couple opus laying around that want to meet you. That way you can decide if they are hype or not.

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Stogies and Hogies, you are quite a generous BOTL. (Can't wait to try those beans!!!)

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bomb arrived yesterday..Hi-5 to Stogies and Hogies. I'll report soon as I try em-I put them to bed for a while.

DocRKS

Herf Doctor
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Are the "West Coast" Opus X 'cousins' more readily available for you - I'm referring to the Diamond Crown line --- similar quality and construction - another SUPER Premium and it has the benefit of an extra fermentation prior to being sold.....