What's new

"OR" El T?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
I've seen a couple people mention this awhile back... which makes me very curious. Do all you guys that say "OR" El Triunfador when discussing sales/purchases/trades actually have the Original Release? Or are you simply talking about the Original Blend (OB) and making a distinction between the brown label Original Blend vs the newer red label blend?

My feeling is that a lot of people are saying "OR" when they actually should say "OB." The Original Release of a cigar is the very first shipment of boxes only.

Anyway, not sure why I'm bringing this up but I've seen a lot of people mention "OR" El T's lately and I'm just wondering why/how these are being discussed so much?

Last edited:

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Yes, my feeling is that they are saying "OR" when they mean "OB"...It is confusing because people are trying to differentiate between the OB and the new blend...

~brooks

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
So essentially, the brown label stick I was gifted in a trade is OB, but there is now way of telling if it is OR, right?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
There were many or boxes that didn't sell out very fast and many people may still have or boxes as well .....

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Craig Mac is right. The true "OR" of the El Triunfador Lancero Especial had the old TC seals/stickers, as it was before the My Father factory opened.

I have an OR box of these, and have seen quite a few sales for "OR El Triunfadors" that I thought were suspicious. I agree that they should NOT say "OR",they should just say "El Triunfador Lancero Especial (Maduro)" or "El Triunfador Lancero Especial (Broadleaf wrapper)" or something like that.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Thanks to the info provided by Cmac I went back and checked my boxes and the factory sticker is from "Tabacalera Cubana" which makes them OR. :cbig:

raspol

No problem.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I spoke to Pete when he was Holts a few months ago. He brought a few boxes of the OB El T with him. I asked him if these were from the OR. He said that they were made last year. He says that they made them for larger boxes of 100 and then ended up breaking them into the reg count boxes. He also said that they may roll and realease them in smaller quantities when tobacco allows.

Of course I had to get a box. They are just like the OR box I have except the box sticker as noted earlier in this thread.