What's new

Oregon Scientific Wireless Hygro

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
In fact, they're the exact same thing. Check your local store as they're on clearance at RadioShack. I paid like $30, maybe less, for the base unit and 2 sensors.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I need to go, my old one just crapped out... changed the battery and everything and it still does not work

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Just a heads up guys...the wireless sensors Mark sells at Cigarmony are compatible with the Radio Shack main units. :thumbsup:

Link
Those sensors look like they take up a bit of room. Worth it? WOuld be nice not to open the three cooledors everyday to check things. Also it was suggested in another thread to have an active humidification system in your cooledor. I have been using oust fans, beads & kitty litter and its been pretty stable. Anyone else usig active?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
They are about 7/8 of an inch thick by maybe 2 inches wide by 3.5 inches long...just a guesstimate.

The bottom of my Mini is pretty full and I still found a spot to squeeze it in.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have one main base, and two Oregon scientific sensors, both are dead on. However my third sensor is a radio shack unit, and it is off by 6&#37; or so. So watch out.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Those sensors look like they take up a bit of room. Worth it? WOuld be nice not to open the three cooledors everyday to check things. Also it was suggested in another thread to have an active humidification system in your cooledor. I have been using oust fans, beads & kitty litter and its been pretty stable. Anyone else usig active?

Don't worry about that, buy a bigger storage unit!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
How exactly do the sensors and base units work? Can one base unit display RH and temp from multiple sensors? Do you switch through them or what?
I really want to get a 'deep sleep' coolerdor and these units look pimp, but I'm not really sure how they're linked togeher.
Thanks!

TYLER

gpugliese

Beware the penguins...
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
The radio shack base unit I have displays one humidity & one temperature sensor reading at a time, and you hit one of the buttons on the display to cycle through up to three different sensor readings.

If anyone is looking for a cheaper sensor, I have one Radioshack wireless sensor left over that's new. PM me.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
How exactly do the sensors and base units work? Can one base unit display RH and temp from multiple sensors? Do you switch through them or what?
I really want to get a 'deep sleep' coolerdor and these units look pimp, but I'm not really sure how they're linked togeher.
Thanks!

TYLER
Here you go bro, The base unit can monitor 3 wireless units. The senors are wireless too. I have one in each ot my desktops and one in my coolidor. The base unit has a channel button that allows you to scroll through each channel. Each channel will displat the temp and humidity. So the base will then monitor all three units al the time, If you want to know the humidity or temp in your coolidor, than just scroll to the channel that the senors for your coolidor is on and BAM, it tells you all the info you need. It is prob, the best setup I have come across in a long time. It can be a little pricey to satrt, but totally worth it in the long run. Hope that cleared it up for you some.