What's new

Original Navy Cut #499

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I couldn't help myself. I ordered a couple of tins of the A&C Petersen Caledonian Original Navy Cut #499 and just recieved them today. I'm only slightly concerned that there seems to be no date on the tins to show how old they are. I bought them witht the idea that they were tinned in the '80's.

Looking forward to cracking one of them open soon!

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Most pipe tobacco mfgs do not date their tins. I've really only seen date stamps on tins from GL Pease and McClelland. This is probably due to the recent trend of aging pipe tobacco for better flavor.

Some folks determine the age of the tobacco in other ways though. One example is tin graphics. I know Dunhill, MacBaren and others have changed the graphics and wording on their tins several times over the years, so this can be a good way to confirn that a tin is from a certain timeframe. I don't know if A&C Peterson has changed their tin design though.

I'd be interested to know if and where you purchased this blend in the US. I've been hording my last couple of tins as I thought this was only available overseas.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'd be interested to know if and where you purchased this blend in the US. I've been hording my last couple of tins as I thought this was only available overseas.
The Synjeco website says it is no longer produced.