What's new

Outlaw Cigars KC

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was visiting in-laws in Kansas this week from Illinois. One of the only things I looked forward to was visiting a few lounges since there are NONE near me in Illinois. My wife and I went to Outlaw Cigars after a delicious meal in Overland Park. We came in and went directly to the humidor to find our smokes for the evening. That's where my disappointment began. We go in and the humidor attendant basically ignores us until we are ready to check out. No "hey how you doing? Can I help you find something? Looking for anything particular?" Nothing. It literally ruined my experience there. I went to Churchills in Topeka and had a wonderful experience both times I was in there. Just expected a lot more out of Outlaws.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
sorry to hear that. it is my main b&m. i am not usually there in the evening,however, so i don't know how that crew responds. nice joint otherwise though, right?

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Hmm. That is why I enjoy Outlaw. I utilize their smoking lounge and the workers don't bother me unless I ask for assistance. I pop into the humidor to buy a cigar to pay my dues for using their lounge but I can go without the conversation. Nothing worse than talking cigars with a worker at a B&M that has little to no knowledge about cigars. I realize that it's a passion of mine and for the worker it's likely just a job. So I rather not talk cigars... it's like talking to wall at times.

My favorite place to have a cigar in KC. Hands down.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm different. Most places I go into have "tobacconists" or I don't waste my time. If they can't answer the questions I have or speak English I don't waste my money there. I like picking their brains, getting recommendations.

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Oh don't get me wrong. There are a few guys there that know there stuff but you can't expect all the workers who work the register to be experts on cigars. I get your point though, a simple hello or welcome would be nice. BTW, If you did run into Bob then you have been in trouble...