What's new

Over humidified.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Okay guys so as a newbie my collection is pretty small. I do have a coolidor with a lot of my grandfathers sticks that were left to me when he passed but those are already at my new house in AZ and I'm in cali for another week. I keep usually about 50 in a tupperdor on hand. My favorite sticks. Since I'm moving I haven't gotten any sticks as of late due to the cost of moving. ( I am gonna get some more this week but that's not the point) and I am down to about five. These last five have gotten way damp. Whats the best way to dry them out. My humidity is about 68% becuase I am in a really dry desert. This is fine when I have more sticks but it seems since I only had a few they got too damp. I'm smoking one now ( a herrera esteli) and its not too bad. Just the foot was hard to light and the burns a bit off. I want to save them because one is a no.9 pig and another is a L40 they are my first of those blends. I don't want to lose them. And they are both super damp.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
What are you using for humidity? If you're using beads, they should draw up the excess and after a while, you should be fine. If you're using gel or a sponge, take it out and consider beads or check the storage threads and lean about kitty litter. Presently, I'd dry box them for a few days. Just take out the humidifying element and shut the lid. Check them each day, and when you're happy, add the humidity back to the box.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah I'm using heartfelt beads. Thanks for the info I was worried I killed em.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk