What's new

Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro Torpedo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is my first ever Cigar Review. I received three very fine cigars from Fredneck as a prize for his "484th post contest". I decided to smoke the first one today - a PAM Torpedo.

I first got prepared. Got my lighter, guillotine cutter, and headed out to my garage. I turned on some music and leaned back in my recliner that I have in the garage. Poured a small glass of Johnny Walker Black - which was already cool since I keep it in the garage, and set it next to me.

The cigar construction appeared flawless, with a nice dark, slightly oily wrapper. I cut the tip off with my cutter and tested the draw - it was a little tighter than I like so I cut further down on the torpedo, tried again, this time the draw was perfect.

I took my time lighting the cigar, making sure not to touch the flame to the end - it was burning well in about 30 seconds. The first few draws game me that Cocoa and Coffee taste that I love the regular Padrons for. I was struck at how quick my tongue was tingling though - this cigar definitely had more kick than my regular padrons do. The first inch and a half of the cigar continued with tastes alternating between cocoa and coffee with a some nutty flavors from time to time. The burn so far had been laser straight and with over 1 1/2 inches of ash on the end of the cigar I finally flicked it for the first time. The ash came off nice and straight with just a bit of a red cone at the end.

I took a sip of johnny walker and let the cigar cool down for a moment. The next third of the cigar had more nut flavors and other pleasant flavors that I can't describe other than to say that it reminded me of the smell of my grandpa's pipe when I was little. The burn and draw continued to be perfect - which for me is a large part of the pleasure that I get from a good cigar. My tongue continued to have a nice tingle and I was starting to get a nice sweet taste on the tip of my tongue. After flicking off another large section of ash and taking another couple sips of Johnny Walker, I started on the last third of this fine cigar.

The last 3rd started off like the second. pleasant nutty tastes with hints of coca and coffee. The cigar seemed even mellower than before - I was feeling even mellower myself - getting just a little buzz by now. The draw started to get a little tighter, but still acceptable, and the cigar started to burn just a little crooked - but just a little. Started to get tastes of black pepper towards the end. The cigar stayed cool until the end - finally put it out when I had no place left to hold it.

A wonderful cigar which I'm sure was made even better since it was gifted to me by such a great BOTL!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: