What's new

Padron Rolling/Capping

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I thought this was interesting as hell. I've always noticed the caps on my Padron's were a bit.....strange. First time I went to cut one, I wasn't sure where it was ok to cut. Once I started rolling cigars myself, I thought the Padron caps were even MORE strange. No double cap. No triple cap. The roll just terminates under a single, ugly cap.
Resized_20180206_082742.jpeg
I couldn't understand how these cigars stay together after cutting off the entire cap. I mean, obviously it's glued but it's HOW it's glued that got me. Skip to 3:11 and watch what she does after cutting the wrapper.
I guess that's why they never unravel after I cut the whole cap off, or at all in my meager experience. Maybe this isn't news to you guys but it seems a bit unusual for "typical" rolling practices. Sorry for the long-winded post. I find these things fascinating.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Last week my thousand series Padron wasn't wrapped correctly and came apart from the foot-up. It was rolled the other way, or capped on the wrong end.

Oh well, it's not a perfect world.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Last week my thousand series Padron wasn't wrapped correctly and came apart from the foot-up. It was rolled the other way, or capped on the wrong end.

Oh well, it's not a perfect world.
Wow, that's a different one. Did it happen when you took it out of the cello or while lighting??

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
ideally you should only cut off one thickness of leaf.
that cap could be just peeled off or bitten,it is not unusual.
hand made,you know...............

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I thought this was interesting as hell. I've always noticed the caps on my Padron's were a bit.....strange. First time I went to cut one, I wasn't sure where it was ok to cut. Once I started rolling cigars myself, I thought the Padron caps were even MORE strange. No double cap. No triple cap. The roll just terminates under a single, ugly cap.
View attachment 108364
I couldn't understand how these cigars stay together after cutting off the entire cap. I mean, obviously it's glued but it's HOW it's glued that got me. Skip to 3:11 and watch what she does after cutting the wrapper.
I guess that's why they never unravel after I cut the whole cap off, or at all in my meager experience. Maybe this isn't news to you guys but it seems a bit unusual for "typical" rolling practices. Sorry for the long-winded post. I find these things fascinating.
That sorta makes me wanna puke. Drenched leaves with a 5-inch thick smear of gelatinous goo just ain't pleasant to see.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've never seen a roll like that and I've watched hundreds of videos of different cigar factories. It does seem ugly.... but I do like the Padron brand, even the cheap ones.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've never seen a roll like that and I've watched hundreds of videos of different cigar factories. It does seem ugly.... but I do like the Padron brand, even the cheap ones.
My thoughts exactly. Thousand series sticks are definitely not beauty queens.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I love Padrons, and the 5000 is a good stick. But hold up. We're smoking glue along with the tobacco? Shit.....

ETA. Which makes me wonder. How does all this glue affect overall flavor of the tobacco???

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I love Padrons, and the 5000 is a good stick. But hold up. We're smoking glue along with the tobacco? Shit.....
ETA. Which makes me wonder. How does all this glue affect overall flavor of the tobacco???
Hey bro if you feel like getting rid of your Padrons because of this, I could sure dispose of them for you :whistle:
Seriously though, I think it's usually a cellulose based glue like bermocoll 320. Natural and supposedly odorless and flavorless. Correct me if I'm wrong folks

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey bro if you feel like getting rid of your Padrons because of this, I could sure dispose of them for you :whistle:
Seriously though, I think it's usually a cellulose based glue like bermocoll 320. Natural and supposedly odorless and flavorless. Correct me if I'm wrong folks
Cellulose is clear. That stuff is what drips down your throat when you get a sinus infection.

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Lol I will always enjoy Padron's I think. Glue or not. :)