What's new

Pancakes - cello on or off?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have made bacon pancakes several times, even out here in the Stan. I cook the bacon before hand and then crumble it up and add it to the batter for equal baconess throughout each bite. Another thing I just saw recently were pumpkin beer pancakes...didn't see a recipe or anything, just something someone is trying to get going on Kickstarter

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
hash house a-go-go makes these snickers pancakes. normally i am a traditionalist on my breakfast foods, but these were. SO. STUPID. GOOD! the wifey offered me a bite, and i stole her plate!

(to be fair, we are to the point she knows offering me food is forfeiting her claim to it. )

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Made these bacon pancakes the other day. You better believe I kept that bacon wrapped up in cello until the moment that batter hit the pan! (I even keep a separate fridge for my bacon, which always goes in the freezer for a day or two after I bring it home from the b&m. don't want no beetle in my bacon!)

Holy..... Yum man!! I know what I'm gonna try to make next time I get a chance! (Smart move with the separate bacon fridge...)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Elvis pancakes....

throw a handfull of the tiny peanut butter chips into the batter along with a very thinly sliced banana...

YUM!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
"Chocolate chip bacon beer waffles." I'm sure you could use the batter for pancakes too.
+ Jack Daniel's syrup.
Sounds all sorts of glorious to me.
[video=youtube;wZDv9pgHp8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZDv9pgHp8Q[/video]

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I've been riding the peanut butter and syrup train on my pancakes for many years...... Gonna have to try it on my French toast now.

Pancakes with crumbled bacon get made from time to time at the Ruppert ranch as well waffles with blueberries or fresh blackberries (when in season) from my back yard.

French toast with vanilla, sugar and cinnamon is another favorite. Just plain eggs would be way too boring.

Rating - 100%
179   0   0
I had to go to the local pancake house because of this thread, chocolate chip and banana coming up. Very weak when it comes to the power of suggestion concerning food.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Oj & blended banana in the pancake batter. I've also blended plum, pluot, blueberries, apples, pears, and strawberries in various combinations.

Also, take Fabes's idea, but chop up the bacon, and then toss in chocolate chips... Lots of chocolate chips.

I also love to make latkes (potato pancakes) with fresh garlic, shredded carrot, and parsley.

For me, pancakes are a vehicle by which to consume other more awesome foods.

As for waffles, they are okay. I like em best with fried chicken and sausage gravey.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2