What's new

Partagas Lusi vs. Partagas Churchill

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hmm do you like green or red apples? both taste distinctively like apple.. both have the shape of apples.. both are apples...

same thing with these ha ha...

Seriously though.. what lusi are you comparing with.. there has been quite a difference between them over the years.. pre -95 blend.. blend changed -96 -2001 and were quite weak but have started to regain the strength of old in say 2003-2004.... so the only thing I can say is that the churchill is more similar to the -96-98 version of lusi.. but still different..

With some proper ageing.. the churchill develop quite nice toasty nuances but still retain the partagas base flavours.. medium strength...

the lusi.. when on.. heaven.. when looking at the weaker blends.. still nice.. and with aged ones.. quite similar to the churchill but more complex...

red or green apples in other words...

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
35 views and only 1 reply?
I am sure with all the experience on this board there is some knowledge to be shared.
Please can some BOTLs help a BOTL out.
Thanks.
Bruce

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Had a couple of aged Partagas Churchills ... posted the review in the habanos review room ... http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=413

Only had one Lusi and it was an 02. Liked the Lusi but LOVED the Churchills - but that easily could have been due to the aging. Nonetheless a very good cigar ...

PM me with your addy and I can send one your way. Now all you have to do is hunt down a Lusi form that year.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure how much help this will be, but just adding my own experience with the two. I've had a Churchill with quite a few years age on it and the only Lucis I've had were from 04. The aged Churchill had the most incredible toasted tobacco taste. It just seemed to gain strength as it smoked without ever being harsh. The Luci was the usual Party taste that was milder in comparision as well as a more muted taste.
So I guess, being Mr.Obvious here, I'd go with the one that I could get with the most age on it. If you were looking to age them yourself, then the Lusitanias would probably be the better of the two in the end.

Gary

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
A friend of mine who I trade with will send me a Lusi from 03.
Thanks Geoffrey for the 02 Churchill.
It should be a somewhat fair comparison as both should be out of their original sick period and the blend has not changed for either recently
... so I am told.
This BOTL board is growing on me.... :smile:

Fonsecakid

Fonsecakid
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don´t know much about the churchills, but Lusis are a bless. Buy in cabs, I have cabs from 00 and 02 that are really nice and strong enough to still have room to settle down. The flavour profile goes very well together with HC 7 (can be pure heaven together). They´re right up there with the top four DC:s - VR, SLR and Punch. When on maybe no:1 (together with the DA). Just my two cents though, MRN doesn´t agree.

Elric

Dragon de los Habanos
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm known in other circles as a guy who LOVES all things Partagas...except the 2 vitolas mentioned in this thread. There are simply much better smokes out there.

Disclaimer: I've never gotten my paws on a pre-95 Lusi.

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I got my hands on a 97 Party Churchill and what was supposed to be an 02 Lusi. Unfortunately, the Lusi was from 04, very youthful and could not be fairly compared.
I posted a review in the habanos section on the 97 Churchill:
http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?p=11090#post11090
Like Elric said, I have many Partagas sticks in my collection except the 2 larger ones. After the great experience with the churchill I am going to track some aged ones down. It would only be fair to the Lusi to do the same. I will keep all advised. If any other BOTLS have experience, please reply.