What's new

Partagas Mille Fleur

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
First try at a review here, also saw a contest for doing this here and thought meh why not?

Brand- Partagas
Cigar- Mille Fleur
Size- 5.06"x42

(Disclaimer: I do not know the box code or year as this was in a bomb)

20181029_025907.jpg

Prelight:
This was stored with a 69% Boveda, then dry boxed for 5 days in a 60% RH house. Prelight inspection showed what seems to be a natural wrapper, some crinkles possibly due to age, few minor veins showing. Clean easy guillotine cut for me. Intial draw before light was carmel apple, through and through, no disputing that for my palate, no thinking about it. Just carmel apple. At this point I knew I was in for something special (this was my first cuban).

20181029_030541.jpg

First Third:
Intial light was done by indirect toasting until I had a nice cherry, with an intial ourward blow through the cigar to clear the lighting smoke. First draw I found myself with a mouthful of light smoke, reminiscent of the light hay flavor found in some pipe tobacco's. Very pleasant flavor, I found myself looking at the cigar almost every draw wondering why I hadnt smoked this first cuban sooner.

Second Third:
As I transitioned into the second third the light hay/straw flavor faded away and I found myself with a flavor that is along the lines of the light acidic flavor of coffee that lingers on your palate after drinking coffee or espresso. Not a single burn issue to note at the point.

Final Third:
Towards the end of this cigar I found just a hint of spice building up, but still with a lingering taste of coffee acidity. The closer I got to the bottom of this cigar I realized I was in big trouble and that I needed to start shopping for and justifying buying Cubans.

Final Thoughts:
I might still be relatively a noob, but this is my no 1 cigar of 2018. I look to buy a box in the future. As you can see in the picture below, I ran this down as far as a possible could because I never wanted it to end. I hesitate to apply a numerical rating, as I still have a limited scope of really high end cigars and I feel that could skew my average.

20181029_034533.jpg

Tag to @Master Shake in reference to his contest.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well thank you, I might make this a regular thing then, I pretty much just get on here when I smoke anyway lol
There's nothing wrong with that. I always have trouble trying to write reviews and smoke. I have my cigar journal I purchased on amazon years ago, but haven't picked it up in such a long time. I just get caught in the moments of the cigar and libation if I have the time (and not driving).

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very thorough in-depth review @kit_luce.
I'd would absolutely kill to have taste buds as sharp as yours.
Mine are limited to 'Yummy' and 'Yuck'!
Would your cigar clip (last pic) be found in an EMT's ditty bag? Never seen that before.
I've been trying to work on my palate since I was 15 or 16, I love food and cooking and wanted to be able to truly appreciate good food and it transitions to cigars and bourbon :). And no lol, those are ceramic tweezers that came from the vape coil building kit of my buddy who rents a room from me. He has switched to almost exclusively using a juul pod system and doesnt really build coils anymore. So they are my "nub tool" now lol. They are like 6 bucks on Amazon, great for like 48 and up RG as you dont have to hold tension like you do on the skinny cigars

kit_luce

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not sure if its the one I sent you, but of so box code is ESI OCT17
It was the one preach sent, your sticks are way down on the list if I go chronologically lol. But I've been jumping around. Thank you for sharing though, I like knowing the box code and stuff :)