What's new

Partagas Presidentes Belicoso (Tokyo)

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Had a nice little evening at Le Connaisseur in Tokyo. So many tasty sticks to choose from so I decided to fire up this Partagas figurado. Beverage of choice was a Mojito, finishing up with a glass of 10 year old Tawny Port. Soapy, floral smelling stick, with very clean construction. Walk in humidor was set just above 70 RH, so I knew I could have some burn issues. Used my Xicar for the cut, and the draw was perfect. Great front notes of leather, barn, sweet earth with average complexity on the back. Hardly any spice, although things picked up at the halfway point. Smoke time was almost 2 hours, and I did have to relight a couple times towards the band (due to high RH in humidor no question). The Presidentes was definitely a medium body stick, and a really tasty smoke. Would I purchase one again? No, not for Japanese retail of over $20.00, but a quality CC nonetheless.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I'm surprised these cigars are still made. Rarely hear about them. I wonder how many people smoke them. I had a box from 99. The ones that smoked were strong & earthy, but at least 25% were plugged. A box from 04 had great construction, but tasted rather bland. Haven't had any since. I'd try one if I could walk into a store & buy a single, but that's not an option here.

Thecatch83

I smoke Opus like candy!
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm not sure either, and this was one of only two left in their humidor and it had some very nice plume on the wrapper indicating a fair amount of age in perfect RH when I smoked it. You can still find them for around 8 bucks...........I paid nearly three times that in Tokyo which is no surprise.