What's new

Partagas recommendation?

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I just smoked an awesome Party Short last night and was wondering what Partagas should I get next? The short, the PSD 4 and the PSD 3 EL 01 are the only smokes out of the Partagas line I have tried.

The shorts are great….I will be getting more, I don’t like the long sick period the SD4’s go through and the PSD 3 EL’s are $$$

I am looking for something in a larger size (longer than the short with a 42 or 46 ring) strong and flavorful with that fruity/spicy Partagas twang. I was thinking of either the Lonsdales cab or the 898 Varnished. I have some Lusi’s on the way from a box split :grin:

I know you guys have a lot more experience with this particular line than I so….what say you?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Sounds to me like you answered your own question...Lonsdales or 898V.

For me, I would take your advice and go with the 898s. I've had them both young and old(er) at about 6 years and they're great additions to the Partagas line. Or, if you can find them, the unvarnished 898s are a good idea in my mind as well. I don't think you can go wrong with the varnished though if you're looking for that signature Partagas flavor. It steps up to the plate and hits a homerun.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
IMHO, You named the top 3.
898V, Lonsdale cab and PSD 3EL.

My vote is for the PSD3EL :smt023
Then the 898V

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Glue or tape 2 shorts together :smt043

I agree with 40boy !!!

Ironman

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I would say that you have tried some of the best that Partagas has to offer...

I also think that your spot on with the 898v and the Lonsdale, buy them!

However... the lonsdale is only a 42rg... what I'm getting at is do not, DO NOT pass up on the partagas corona... friggen awsome cigar at a great price on of my daily favs :)

DocRKS

Herf Doctor
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Some of the 898 that are available now are smoking BEAUTIFULLY !!!!!!!!!!

Do not ignore a hidden gem in the Partagas line --- the Partagas de luxe - box of 10 in AT for under $60.... (there is even a very reputable vendor that has a few boxes left that are "Totalmente a Mano." !!!!!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Paul I'd pick up the PSD 3's simply because you won't be able to find them much longer...over time some of you most treasured sticks will be the ones you can't replace...you can buy regular production anytime..my .02...Bman