What's new

Partagas Robusto

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is the most consistent cigar I've smoked. Construction, burn, flavor, ash color, always a cigar you can depend on. With an African Cameroon wrapper, easy draw, even burn, and light grey to white ash, and a fairly affordable price tag you really can't go wrong with it. Not as big a fan of some of the other Partagas natural wrappers, but this size and shape is an excellent value and never disappoints. I've smoked them right out of the box and they were fine, and have smoked them with years of mellowing. Just can't go wrong!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one of these before.. and man.. thought it was a great cigar as well... just waiting to get my hands on some more :smt033

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Partagas Robusto - 1995
4.5x49
Filler – DR/Mex, Binder – Mex, Wrapper - Cameroon

This was a toothy little robusto with a majestic sheen on its Colorado colored Cameroon sheath. A bit rustic looking as the roll had some small wrinkles and the cap was rough. The cigar was springy, and once clipped the pre light draw was a bit like a wind tunnel with very little resistance. The red and gold Partagas 1845 band was the prettiest thing about this stick.

Earthy and basic, the smoke poured from this cigar due to the loose roll. There’s no mistaking good Mexican tobacco with its adobe like qualities: gritty and tasting of the rich soil. Even the background spice offered by the lovely Cameroon wrapper was obscured by the overwhelming heartiness of the Mexican blend; it was like putting makeup on a peasant. Unsophisticated and direct also described the somewhat papery and dusty finish. The cigar appeared to be double bunched, as the flaky grey ash was split right down the center as if my an invisible axe, falling to each side before dropping off at the inch and a half point.

Knowing what to expect, I paired this cigar with a cerveza, and that cool crisp brew quenched the moderate harshness of the blend allowing me to enjoy the cigar for what it was. The aroma also smacked of the dry outdoors and was pleasant in its simplicity. A fine companion after a hard day’s work.

Overall this cigar was exactly how I remembered them, inelegant and rustic. Perversely, that’s exactly why I love them as a go to smoke; a palate cleanser if you will. If you don’t like mud wrestling, Busch beer, or paper plates, you probably won’t appreciate Partagas. But if you do like life’s simple pleasures from time to time, then this cigar might help you remember what cigar smoking is all about. Might Recommend.

Appearance: 8/10
Construction: 7/10
Flavor: 17/20
Finish: 8/10
Smoking experience: 17/20
Aroma: 9/10
Overall impression: 17/20

Total: 83/100