What's new

Partagas Serie P No. 2

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the opportunity to sample this much-anticipated cigar just ahead of the general release, courtesy of a CW friend of mine.

This is a beautiful piramide, same dimensions as a Monte #2. It came draped in a lightly-veined colorado wrapper, and was uniformly firm with no soft spots - obviously the work of an experienced torcedor. It clipped perfectly, and the pre-light draw had just the right amount of firmness with obvious habanos richness in the flavors. Draw was excellent through, burn straight, ash a bit flaky but rock solid.

From first draw to burned fingertips, this cigar just KICKED OUT the habanos twang! That characteristic Partagas spiciness was there throughout, while earthy and woody undertones came and went in a fascinating progression of flavor changes. Solid medium body with that freshie all-up-in-your-face pop and the prickly character that comes (I presume) from a generous portion of ligero in the blend.

I've tried a number of different vitolas from the much-discussed '03 and '04 vintages, and while they've been good, all of them have left me uncertain as to their aging potential. Not so this cigar. The Partagas Serie P No. 2 is an entirely different breed of cat. The whole time I was smoking this baby, it whispered to me of time needed to reach its full potential. I was left with the distinct impression that the effort and money I invest in laying some of these early first release boxes down for a few years' nap will be handsomely rewarded.

And so it shall be.

1f1fan

Toast!
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Great review MD! Thanks for sharing your experience.

I am looking forward to trying some of these.