What's new

Pats vs. Indy

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Geeze the pats bashing is strong here. Ive been a pats fan since I was little actually 6 to be exact I was a big Drew Bledsoe fan. So I have stuck it out with the pats but let's be honest the great teams of all generations are hated. The Cowboys of the 90s, 9ers of the 80s. Come on ppl hate greatness and we all know it's true.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Actually, my post was in support of New England. I can't say I am a huge fan, but I love watching great teams play, like the Pats and the Broncos

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Fair enough Clint but I was just making the general point that ppl naturally hate great teams.
People hate the cockiness, holier than thou attitude, or various other bad things that might come with a team. People didn't like the Cowboys cuz they always think they are "America's Team", Jerry Jones is a know it all owner, numerous run-ins and drug binges from the likes of Michael Irvin etc. The Pats are probably a lot of jealousy, but as Mac said Belichick is the worst coach when it comes to the media so how can outsiders like him/them? Plus he literally got caught cheating... wow, go figure people don't like them. You gotta cheat to win, that's the perception that's out there.

And regarding the 49ers, I personally don't think they belong in that group... they were good and people were gunning for them, but I don't really think people really hated them outside their natural rivals. Same as the Steelers of the 70's.... I don't think people hated them, they were just a good solid team that didn't get into the drama.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
The whole Belichick 'spy gate' was a joke.
Commissioner Goodell himself publicly acknowledged that the use of sideline video had no impact on the outcome of the game.
The weak punishment was something that Goodell basically "had" to do because of the outcry of uninformed Jets fans.
Belichick won coach of the year that same year, which pretty much indicates that his peers had no issues with 'spy gate' either.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Your preaching to the choir but I don't get into it I don't really care either. Since that happened New England is still the winningest team so that should say enough in itself.