What's new

Penny For Your Thoughts

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I still remember the day I stuck a penny up my nose. I was 8 years old and I thought it would be a good place to store a penny in case I was short a cent at the store...I could just whip it out. Seemed plausible at the time.

Upon entry, I discovered that extraction wasn't as easy as planned. Had to call my mom at grandmother's to inform her I had a penny stuck up my nose. She told me not to breathe til she got home. wtf??

I was successful in getting it out with a pair of tweezers before she got home so her trip back was in vain.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Pull that penny out of your nose at the store and the clerk really would have thought you had no "cents"

yuk yuk

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
So does the phrase "Putting my two cents in" come from the fact that we have two nostrils?

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
So did you do as your mom said and not breathe till you extricated the penny from your nose? :smt102 Or did you just breathe through your mouth till it came out? Inquiring minds would love to know.

ehdg

David

<b>Co-founder</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
ehdg said:
So did you do as your mom said and not breathe till you extricated the penny from your nose? :smt102 Or did you just breathe through your mouth till it came out? Inquiring minds would love to know.

ehdg
I actually blew through my nose really hard to get the penny down far enough to grab it with tweezers.

The sad part? There is no embellishment to this story whatsoever.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Yep. Pretty sad!

But funny as hell!:smt098 :smt098 :smt098

Somebodies gotta over use this :smt098 while Pulse is AWOL! :smt102

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
DWavs said:
I actually blew through my nose really hard to get the penny down far enough to grab it with tweezers.

The sad part? There is no embellishment to this story whatsoever.
Geez how far up your nose did you stick the damn penny!! :smt102 What where you afraid someone would mug you for it!! :smt098

ehdg

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
What is it with kids and stuffing things in their nose? My little sister used to stick Sugar Babies candies in her nose. Dad had to pull one out with needle nose pliers once. My older brother stuck a green crayola up his nose and it got so stuck, he had to go to the hospital and have it removed. The Doc had to cut a slit up by his eye and pull it all the way through.:smt116

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok Dave, now that your all grown up.....which is actually questionable :smt003 ......the ol snozzz is bigger as well. Time to try a nickel!!!! :smt115

We want a nickle.....We want a nickle.....We want a nickle..... :smt038

Come on Dave, you cannn dooooo ittttt!! :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

shatfield

Toast? Nope, Burnt!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm embarrassed to say I tried it with a blueberry one time. Couldn't get it out without breaking it, so I was blowing blue goo out of my nose for the rest of the day.